8.4

Most common solutions:

2. oil changes (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda Civic:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

May 072018

Civic 1.5L Turbo

There is a defect in the vehicle’s 1.5L Earth Dreams engine as it appear to have excess fuel building up inside the oil pans, causing overflow and dilution problems.

- Madia Z., Vancouver, BC, Canada

Mar 222018

Civic Sedan Touring 1.5L Turbo

• CVT transmission

Dealer looked at dipstick and said it was overfilled by 1/2 qt. Also saw my oil analysis which said oil was in critical condition with more than 5% dilution. And then they said they could see no problem. I have contacted an attorney and they asked if I would rather wait for honda to come up with a fix or join the class action suit that they will be starting sometime next week. Waiting to hear from Honda corporate before I commit.

- dugb, Schwenksville, US

Feb 232018

Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5L Turbo

click to see larger images

oil mixing with gas

This problem with the engine oil dilution has left my car disabled four times now. The most recent being on May 18 2018. Honda has offered a 7 year 130k warranty with a time limit, insinuating that I have to rush into accepting or declining their offer. Acceptance means they close the case file and I am marked "a happy client", where refusal or running the clock out implies that I am content because I didn't need their warranty extension.

My concern is that being stuck on the side of the highway 4 times in the first year of owning this car is reason enough to NOT WANT TO DO THIS FOR ANOTHER 6 YEARS. They don't have a solution but they can't relieve me of the burden of this vehicle. More disappointed in Honda Canada than anything in my life.

- Chris W., Sio, ON, Canada

Mar 142018

Civic EX-L 1.5t

• CVT transmission

Started blowing huge smoke clouds from the exhaust after driving for a bit, so I brought it into the dealer to check it out as it seemed very concerting. Turns out the 1.5T Honda Civics are experiencing the same issue as the CR-Vs with the oil getting diluted with fuel and my oil level was higher than it should have been because of that. They said Honda is working on a fix, and until then when I get smoke clouds again just bring it in and they'll change my oil again.

- Paul B., Rochester, MN, US

Feb 012018

Civic ES 1.5t

click to see larger images

oil mixing with gas oil mixing with gas oil mixing with gas oil mixing with gas oil mixing with gas oil mixing with gas

Honda dealers knew the problem, but they did not solve the problem. The reversing image was solved. The problem of the wiper was also solved. However, the increase in the oiliness of gasoline did not solve the problem. Honda seems to treat American guests as fools.

- Vicky J., Jacksonville, FL, US