7.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda Fit:

Feb 142017

Fit

I bought this brand new $17K car in August. I have replaced seven tires. All diff wheels. All different Continental tires 185/60 15..breakdowns on my commute home after midnight. Finally my 7th breakdown was broadcast as I was trying to cross the george Washington bridge at 1 am on valentines day and with Honda roadside assistance and my insurance co roadside assistance, no one came to my aid. I was blockintg traffic, as I tried myself to change the tire after two hours of fear that my car or I would be hit by a tractor trailor, and that would be the end of me. The electrical problem, all lights on dashboard on began after the second tire malfunction, and cannot be reset. I need to go to dealer and rent a car for them to figure this all out. Meanwhile, my gas mileage has major issues. I refuel ever other day. Same commute for 6 years. When I drove my MINIcooper, I filled up once a week. But three or four times a week? something is wrong with my car at 10,000 miles. It feels like a clunker. I am going to get rid of it. Look into my states lemon law and rid myself of this hunk of junk. I am also writing to Honda. But this tire issue has cost me over $1500 dollars in six months and time/safety issues. One buys a new car for freedom from problems. This is unacceptable customer service at the dealership, (especially since they knew of this "tire" issue.

- West Orange, NJ, USA

Dec 082017

Fit

I bought a 2017 Honda Fit ex on August 9. on December 9, all of the warning lights went on and when I took it to the dealer they informed me that rats had chewed through the engine wiring and that the repair, which is not covered by warranty, would be $1000. Honda is clearly aware of the issue of rodents affinity for their soy based wire coating, as they've developed capsaicin tape specifically designed to combat the issue. I'm not sure why I should have to pay for this product, or apply it myself to wiring that I cannot physically access. I parked my 2003 Volkswagen in the same spot for years with no issue, nor has my husband had any rodent problems with his 2003 Mitsubishi.

- Baltimore, MD, USA