Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda HR-V:

Jan 072018

HR-V

On September 16, 2017, while driving, we discovered a noise from the rear of the vehicle that sounded like a loose shock or strut. We brought our car in to the dealership and after several hours of inspection, it was determined that the shock went bad. So the dealership replaced the shock. On approximately January 7, the same sound has returned and we contacted the dealership. The dealership informed us that Honda has issued a recall on the shocks for 2015 and 2016 models. I have conducted a search for this recall on (M.owners.Honda.com/maintenance/recalls) based on my VIN and it indicates there are no recalls. I am currently requesting the paperwork from the dealership to indicate that Honda has in fact issued a recall for this issue. The other concern I have a this point is that my car is at approximately 24,000 miles and I do not want to be out of warranty before this problem is addressed.

- Saint Charles, IL, USA

Jan 102018

HR-V

At 15,837 miles of normal driving and without excessive loads; the right rear strut on our new vehicle broke. It made a clunking sound in the right rear of the car. When ordering the new strut, the dealer told us that they were backordered from so many replacement requests.

- Hickory, NC, USA

May 222017

HR-V

Bothering noise from the right rear side of my hrv I suspected that it a strut problem. Under warranty only 11,000 miles.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 092016

HR-V

Dec. 30, 2015 I purchased a Honda Hr-V LX, on Jan. 9, 2016 2:34 a.M. I was driving home on a city street and suddenly the drivers side steering wheel airbag deployed unexpectedly causing my view to be obstructed, resulting in the automobile leaving the road causing extensive damage to the right side front & back wheels, tires, wheel assembly and undercarriage. A trucker witness the event and immediately called the police. He stayed with me because I quickly got out of the car since I thought it was on fire due to a strong fire odor a smoke. I've never experience anything like this before until my mother arrived. At 2:50 a.M. 2- birmingham police officers surveyed the car and issued an incident report for damage since no accident took place, meaning I didn't hit anyone or anything and no body damage was seen, I was about 5-mins from home. I was more shaken up that injured. My nose was just sore for several days and did not require medical attention. Since my new Honda was not drive-able, the aaa road service was called, the towing service arrived at 4:10 a.M. and I had it towed backs to to the dealership where I purchased it. They said that this was highly unusual, I must have hit a pot hole in the road that caused the air bag to deploy. The road in questioned that I was on is a newly paved road, no the pot hole assumption didn't ring true. There was thought a pothole leaving the dealership December 30, 2015 when I purchased the car and the airbag did not deploy then. I contacted Honda America and was advised to file a claim with my automobile insurance company. My car is still at the collision shop with total damages $9,282.92. I will be glad to furnish you with the Honda case number: 04389710 & police incident number:.2016-00005625, and alfa claims number:

- Birmingham, AL, USA