Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.
Problem: The air filter compartment on Honda Odyssey 2013 model does not fit.
1. WITHOUT the air filter in the air filter compartment, it does not even fit.
I cannot close the compartment with all 3 clips on 3 sides, only 1 can be closed.
2. With the air filter in the compartment, still only 1 clip can be closed.
The air filter on either side (parallel sides) do not close completely.
The air filter is a genuine part from the Honda dealer itself.
I never use any other parts except for genuine Honda parts at Honda Dealership service center
3. So, without being able to completely close the cover for the air filter compartment, dirt gets inside and your air filter is dirtied right away as soon as you replace it with a new one. This explains why as soon as I change it brand new from Honda Dealer, the next time I come for some other checkup a week or 2 later they want me to change the air filter again and want to charge me again for that. I believe this problem must be fixed as my large extended family is a Honda family. I myself own 5 different Hondas since college and 2 Odysseys. My extended family owns 4 other Hondas. You cannot ask for better Honda customers than us.
4. I am complaining about this because I want Honda to do something about it because its reputation is on the line and I encourage them to be proactive and fix the issue so that it is not flaring up like those of GM cars. Protect your brand and fix customer issues right away is the only right way to do this.
5. I believe the whole air filter compartment needs to be replaced because there is no way to fix this issue. The air filter I got from the Honda Dealer definitely is the right one for the car model as it says so on the air filter label and the Honda parts representative told me at the dealer service department.
- Binh C.,
San Diego, CA, US