8.4

$1,880

Most common solutions:

1. new paint job (8 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Pilot:

May 192019

Pilot Touring 3.5L V/6

Just want the HONDA dealer to fix it please. Paint is peeling between windshield and sunroof.

- Jim G., Lake City, AR, US

May 192019

Pilot Sport

Very surprised at Honda. Went through this with my daughters car, 2004 Honda Accord. Here we go again. Obviously they are very well aware of this and refuse to do anything. Total disappointment. No more Hondas for this family, moving over to Toyota or back to GMC.

- Karen S., Bethpage, US

Dec 232018

Pilot EXL-N V6

paint peeling

Bought the vehicle in 2014. It was just out of the warranty and the paint began to peel in sheets. Drove to Norm Reeves Honda and was told there was nothing they could do. They told me to call American Honda. Called American Honda and was blamed for the paint peeling telling me their paint is only guaranteed under warranty and I may have neglected to care for the vehicle, leaving it under the sun. My vehicle is parked in a carport at work and at home! I was told by “Danielle” that there wasn’t anyone else I could speak to and therefore nothing they could do to fix it. Come to find out I’m not the only one with the same paint problem in the same spot, same color vehicles by Honda.

- tmsanchez1011, Los Angeles, US

Oct 012018

Pilot 5Door,4WD,TRG 3.5-liter V6

First my roof pant peeled

Now my rear door paint is peeling

Since my first paint job I saw 2 on Your side on TV talking about the very same problem as My Honda Pilot is having.

I am now waiting to see if Honda will cover and reimburse me for the repairs

- John M., Culver City, CA, US

Mar 132018

Pilot 5Door,4WD,TRG 3.5-liter V6

I called American Honda to see if paint peeling was covered under warranty. They said NO

I brought my pilot to West Cost autobody and had the roof painted.

The body shop said we would probably have further problems?

A few months later my wife said the trunk door is peeling.

It started as a bubble under the paint, then it started to peel further.

I took the Pilot to my dealer to take care of the seat belt update and had them take a photo and see if Honda would repair it under warranty....I have not heard from them?

- John M., Culver City, CA, US

Jan 202019

Pilot EX-L

paint peeling paint peeling

Incredibly frustrated by peeling paint on my 2013 Honda Pilot. Paint should not be peeling off of a 6 year old car (that cost $40000). It is a well-documented issue that has been happening for years, especially to white vehicles. I feel like it is fraud to knowingly sell cars with paint defects to consumers. Honda will not acknowledge that this is a problem. They offer ZERO assistance with getting it fixed. The dealership says it is out of their control- totally a corporate decision. You cannot speak easily to a human at corporate Honda. Long and tedious automated responses. They defer to a mysterious "regional manager" who makes the decisions about assistance. But you can't get a phone number for that person who made that decision. I am mostly angry about the lack of principles that this company has. They are in a position of me needing them more than they need me, and are completely exploiting people. So disappointed they aren't doing the right thing. No integrity.

- Janna L., Brevard, US

Dec 172018

Pilot LX

The car is 5 1/2 years old and I take very good car of it. I was in a rain storm and when I got home the paint was peeling off above the windshield. We went on vacation after Christmas and ran into several people with a white pilot 2013 and 2014 that theirs was doing the same thing.Very disappointed in Honda for this poor workmanship. The last Honda I owned was a Honda Accord Wagon, and the hood of the car did the same thing.

- Susan L., Perry, FL, US

Jul 012018

Pilot Touring

click to see larger images

paint peeling paint peeling paint peeling paint peeling

I’ve had my Pilot into two dealerships. The first wouldn’t even contact Honda. The second is telling me Honda of America is willing to pay for 50% of the cost, so I’ll still come out of pocket around $750 plus fees for a rental car. After spending a significant amount of time searching, it would certainly appear this is a widespread problem with this vehicle year and Honda in general.

- Michael K., Darien, US

Apr 022019

Pilot

The paint on my white 2013 Honda Pilot is peeling in between the windshield sunroof. I’m shocked to see how many other people have the same issue with this make and model. I had a 2005 Honda Odessa and the paint was peeling everywhere. It was old and bought used so I didn’t try to remedy the problem. This car was bought from a dealer less than 2 years ago and I am furious! Has anyone had any success in getting Honda to pay for their defect?

- Maureen C., Cranford, US

Mar 012019

Pilot V6

paint peeling

I was told by an auto collision/body shop worker that he had heard this similar complaint with Honda cars in the past. So, I then did my research and low and behold...there were many! I had to go to the dealership for another issue and while I was there, I mentioned this problem. Off the bat, without even looking at me, the gentleman at the desk said, "Well, it's not covered under the warranty but we'll take a picture and send it to the DSM". Supposedly, I'm to wait to hear back from him. I'm certainly not going to hold my breath. The peeling is only going to get worse. All of the other people with similar complaints I read about, had similar experiences.

- rgarramone, Medford, US