6.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Pilot:

Sep 172018

Pilot

My vehicle was in motion on a neighborhood street when several alerts went off on my dashboard: Road departure mitigation system problem, trailer stability assist problem, hill start assist problem, vehicle stability assist problem, emissions system problem, power steering system problem. I could find no reason for these alerts. I took my car into a dealership the next day and was told there was no issue and the lights were turned off. 10 days later they all came on again as I was driving on a local street. The next day when I went to take my car to the dealer, the lights had turned off. I took it in anyway, and they again said there was no issue. I reported the issue to Honda corporation and was told by one agent that this wasn't the first time the issue had come up in a newer model Pilot. Again 2 days ago, all the lights came on and now also the brake assist alert is also on. I will take it to the dealership again. I am concerned all the false alarms may be hiding an underlying issue that could result in a dangerous accident. I also feel that Honda global is not taking me seriously as I am active duty stationed overseas and have to rely on local Honda dealerships that do not have much experience with the Honda Pilot. The dates of the lights were 17 Sept, 27 Sept, and 6 Oct 2018.

- Apo, AE, USA

Apr 262018

Pilot

When starting the car it shows the message "power steering system (eps) problem". first I noticed this problem within 6 months of I bought this car and at that time I did not take it as serious, but now at least once in a weeks it shows this message.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Apr 262018

Pilot

When starting the car it shows the message on the screen "power steering system (eps) problem. This problem started within 6 months I bought this car, but I did not take it as serious, but now it always shows this message. At first this problem was only on extreme cold weather, but now it shows at least once in a week.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Mar 022017

Pilot

Steering wheel is not straight since I bought the car. I took the SUV several times and they said that is a defect on the chassis or something like that. They said that Honda's engineer are working on this issue. Now is more than a year and my SUV has same problem still.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 052018

Pilot

On my 2016 Honda Pilot, all the lights come on in the dashboard ex; vsc, check engine, ABS, power steering. Took it to Honda and they performed a software update. Two days later the same problems occurs.

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

Jan 032017

Pilot 6-cyl

I was driving in the rain at about 30 miles and hour towards a red light. I began to slow down with the brakes, but the car would not stop and skidded right through the red light. I also tried steering the car to the right, but the car would not steer right and kept skidding through the red light until it slightly hit the median and stopped. Luckily, no oncoming cars were coming or my car would have went right into them. The tires claim to be "all weather tires" which are Bridgestone dueler tires, 245/60R18. On other occasions in the rain, I have felt the car skid when tapping on the brakes while turning, but not to the extent of yesterday when I could have been in a terrible accident. I also read on line of another person reporting skidding while turning in the rain in a Honda Pilot. Something happens with this car in the rain that causes the brakes to not stop the car and instead skid as if it is on ice without control of the steering at the same time.

- Adamstown, MD, USA

Sep 012015

Pilot

My car has a variety of dangerous behaviors in the driver assist functionalities that could either cause or fail to prevent an accident. I have only driven it 2,000 miles but observed these many times. I reported these to the dealer and was told the car was fine. Adaptive cruise control issues: - fails to detect vehicles in odd situations, such as a truck where the rear of the body protrudes out from the rear wheels, as if the radar is only at ground level, or if a vehicle is driving in my lane but one tire is in the other lane, or a wide load which occupies all of the adjacent lane and half of my lane, or a "bobtail" truck. - after an empty stretch, upon coming up to a slower car, rather than slow gradually by easing off the gas, the car will get very close to the car and then rapidly brake, causing drivers behind me to nearly rear-end me. Collision mitigation: - all of these trigger "brake" messages to be displayed, which is just 1 step before the brakes being auto-applied, which could cause me to be rear-ended. - false alarms while merging from lefthand onramps where a pending collision with the jersey barrier is detected - false alarms by the hills adjacent to the road when going around a sharp turn on back roads - false alarms when cresting a hill with a curve after the hill and it thinks an oncoming car will be hit, because it can't see the lane markings past the hill lane keep assist: - partially goes into exit ramps on its own if in the right lane, causing other drivers to think I am leaving the lane and start to merge themselves - is confused by lines of tar and will depart the lane on its own - often "fights" with the lane departure mitigation around corners - tries to prevent me from giving other vehicles some buffer when passing them, if they are wider or drifting toward me. - does not alert when it stops being able to detect the lines

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA