Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Elantra:

Jun 012018

Elantra

The car stalls when you come to a stop after the engine has warmed up from driving. Stalls every time the car idles after warm up. Car is drive by wire with all electronic gas pedal and throttle body. No means of increasing the idle setting. Stalling can be averted by keeping right foot on the gas and braking with left foot. Not a safe way to drive.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA

May 022016

Elantra

The contact owns a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. While driving various speeds, the vehicle hesitated during acceleration. There were no warning indicators illuminated before or after the failure. The vehicle was taken to fitzgerald gaithersburg Hyundai (905 N frederick ave, gaithersburg, md 20879), but the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 39,000.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Dec 112015

Elantra

The car was on highway and as I was getting off the car would not stop and in fact as I tried to press the brakes to stop the car would not stop until it crashed,

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Oct 182015

Elantra

I began my lease on my Elantra in Sept of 2014. At my year anniversary I had it serviced by the dealer of the lease and was given a clean bill of car health. However, on several occasions the car had, as I called it, "a mind of its own" meaning that while I was driving, usually somewhere around 40-55 mph without me pushing down on the gas pedal the car would accelerate on its own. It would stop as soon as I completely let off the gas pedal but it happened enough to be considered strange. I was planning to ask the dealer about it at my next oil change. Not necessary now! Sunday afternoon 10/18/15, I went to start the car and it sputtered and stalled out. I turned the key in the ignition again and it repeated. After the 3rd time and giving it some gas the car started and ran ok. I had 3 stops that I made, each time the car was turned off and back on with no issue. I returned home and not even 5 minutes after the car was parked and shut off, there were flames shooting out between the hood and windshield. I hit the fire emergency on my house alarm system to signal for the fire dept and then ran outside with my husband and 2 fire extinguishers, emptying one and having zero effect on the fire. My husband then turned the hose on and was trying to contain the fire with the hose water. In the 10 minutes it took for the fire dept to get there, the entire front end was literally a shell of remaining metal and dripping melted plastic. The entire windsheild exploded from the heat of the fire and was inside the car. Insurance inspector says the source came from behind the battery - which he said was either the electric or computer panel. Either way.. it was a scary situation. 10 minutes is not a very long time to have the entire front end disintegrate from fire

- Columbiana, OH, USA

Aug 102015

Elantra

The contact owns a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact's vehicle accelerated rapidly and crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact mentioned that the rapid acceleration was a recurring failure prior to the crash. The air bags failed to deploy and there were no injuries sustained. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,700.

- Brick , NJ, USA

Jun 072015

Elantra

Safety concern: The contact owns a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that while driving at 45 mph, the vehicle violently surged forward after depressing the accelerator pedal. The contact was able to avoid an accident by immediately depressing the brake pedal. The contact also stated that the vehicle was difficult to maneuver. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was concerned for their safety. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,077.

- New York , NY, USA