8.7

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Hyundai Elantra:

May 102019

Elantra

The low tire pressure warning lights came on as I was driving down the highway and my tire pressure was displayed as 14 psi on my back left tire. I pulled over and looked at the tire and it didn't seem low. I plugged my portable tire air pump in and attached it to the tire, and the gauge on the pump said 36psi, which is what it is supposed to be at. I got back in my car and started driving, and the car said the psi was back to 36psi. Sounds like this is a common problem and Hyundai needs to address it. I even took picture of the warning when it came on for proof.

- Cottage Grove, MN, USA

Oct 032018

Elantra

Tire pressure sensors and/or TPMS module problem. I purchased this 2018 Hyundai Elantra from san tan Hyundai, gilbert, AZ 86297 in late March 2018. The tire pressure in each of the 4 tires was 36 psi, the cold tire pressure for this auto.in the first week of August 2018 the tire pressure warning light on the dashboard came on. I checked the the tire pressure in each of the 4 tires with a analog and digital tire pressure meter and the pressure in each tire was about 32 psi. I re- inflated each tire up to 36 psi (spec requirement) but the warning light stayed on. I notified Hyundai headquarters customer service about the problem and they assigned a case number and suggested I take the new auto with only about 1500 miles on odometer to san tan Hyundai. I had to wait about 2 weeks for a Oct.18,2018 appointment. The tire warning light turned off just before my appointment, so I canceled the appointment. On 12-18-2018 the tire warning light came on and stayed on after the 4 tires were re-inflated again from 32 psi up to 39 psi. There is something wrong with Hyundai's individual tire pressure sensor and/or TPMS module on my new 2018 Hyundai entrant. When each of the 4 tires are re-inflated to 36 psi, the dashboard tire pressure indicator light should turn off. I have made another appointment with san tan Hyundai but what I here from customer service is: It may cost you dollars to fix this problem instead of indicating that it is covered under my new car warranty. This is why I am reporting my problem to NHTSA. On line reports indicate that this may also be a problem with other Hyundai Elantra vehicles from previous years.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Oct 232018

Elantra

Some whistling noise is coming from the left front wheel, my vehicle is brand new and I found the issue when the mileage is at 17 and when I was driving at freeway at speed 45 mph or higher.

- Copley, OH, USA

Aug 222018

Elantra

While driving at highway speeds, and highways with groves in cement the vehicle sways side to side

- S. Rockwood, MI, USA

May 292018

Elantra

Was not given the opportunity to test drive on the highway upon purchase. When I took the vehicle home and got it up to highway speeds the vehicle floats, or sways left and right like its out of alignment. Hyundai has told me unfortunately that is just the way the vehicle rides, this is not acceptable because I feel that is a safety issue. If you add wind in the equation it is a constant fight the keep the vehicle straight or in its lane. Drove 650 miles plus to get this resolved and no resolution has been met. The vehicle seems to sway and float more on paved highways, black top is a little better but still the same. I was given a loaner Elantra same year and the same issue.

- Norfolk, NE, USA