Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Genesis:

Aug 012018

Genesis

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4D sedan with 55000 miles. Lately, my car dash will blink "P" which is a notification for transmission is on parked even the shifter is in a different mode. This happens randomly and I am worried hope don't lockup transmission during the high speed. I have recorded a video of this scenario if asked. Btw this happens in both in motion or in stationary mode.

- Farmers Branch, TX, USA

Jun 112019

Genesis

I was driving home on the highway when suddenly I hear a loud noise like a someone shot a shotgun through my window, to then realize my whole sunroof had shattered.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Nov 122018

Genesis

Takata recall" 4. the airbag light will not go off. Atlanta police stated I not drive the car and to report it. My family lives could be in danger. No mechanic wanted to touch it. I would very much like to this these items repaired, especially the airbag signal/light. I don't know if it will go off or not but I need this done before anything else. I will upload the picture via email. System issues. I purchased a used 2009 Genesis sedan in September of 2015. We have noticed that several unusual issues have surfaced since the purchase. I was never notified of any of the recalls or potential issues below. 1. the console for the seater heaters are melted or got overheated and is damaged. 2. when the brakes need updated they are very dry (per the repairman) recall - 114. 3. window shield wiper seems to have a defect.

- Austell, GA, USA

Dec 012017

Genesis

Trunk closes hard, almost took my hand......radio.cd deck has always had a wiring problem, and they say they fixed

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Feb 042017

Genesis

The obdii egr monitor is extremely difficult to set under normal conditions. My battery lost charge 18 months ago and I replaced it. I passed my smog test 6 months prior to that. Now I am unable to get the egr monitor to "set". the dealer says that 3-4 people call them every week with the same problem and they currently have a car on the lot that has the same problem, preventing its sale. Two smog repair shops that I checked (including the one recommended by the dealer) will not guarantee that they can get egr to "set" even when they run the car on a dyno.

- Bonsall, CA, USA

Nov 222016

Genesis

Was driving car to meet my husband and when I turned the corner, he was frantically waving me to get out of the car because it was on fire, in the front under the driver's side bumper. I got out and saw flames shooting from under the bumper. With the fire department on the way, we made several attempts to put the fire out w/water to no avail. A nearby store owner came out with a fire extinguisher and was able to put the fire out. Once fire department arrived, he indicated that it appeared to be an electrical fire. Once they moved the car, my husband attempted to start it and it started billowing out smoke. At that point, the fire department ordered him to turn it off and have the car towed and to not drive the vehicle again

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jan 052009

Genesis

Since the car was purchased new in December 2008 if you put the gear shift in neutral (not park) and switch off the ignition then exit the car and the car is on a slope it can roll away. This has occurred twice over the years, once I exited the car and my wife had to dive over the console and take control. I filed a complaint with nhtsb and repeatedly requested to the dealer to fix it to no avail.

- Gualala, CA, USA