Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe:

Feb 222019

Santa Fe SE V6

click to see larger images

engine failure engine failure engine failure engine failure engine failure engine failure

Engine started making a knocking noise. Brought into dealer and was told it had complete engine failure due to broken bearing and I would need a new engine Denied request through warranty. Only around 43000 miles are on the car. Hyundai informed me it was denied due to oil not being changed properly as evidenced by tow areas of sludge on the inside of the hood of the engine. Service records brought to Hyundai showing oil was changed within the 7500 miles as indicated on Hyundai's website and owners manual. Submitted proof of oil changes and claim was denied a second time. I've been waiting for over 5 days for my newly assigned case manager to call me with a claim number and additional information on how to file another appeal. Bottom line is Hyundai does not want to honor their warranty.

Update from Mar 31, 2019: Claim has been denied at all levels due to failure to maintain.

- malisa, Somerset, US