6.5

$1,328.00

Most common solutions:

1. replace fuel pump (4 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata:

Sep 262017

Sonata ES 2.4L 4 cyl

Already had the short block replaced last year after being stranded an without our car for 3 months. Got it back and have had fuel gauge problems ever since, took in to dealer several times, they said intermittent not related to recall of the engine. Have had electrical issues and replaced lights all around multiple times about every other month a light goes out, now the fuels pump went out we have to pay additional money to get the part here in a timely manor! We went to trade in our Sonata, dealer offered $500.00

- , Kailua-Kona, US

Oct 092017

Sonata 2.4L

Engine started "chugging" at a stoplight halfway through our trip home. 4 hours to go. Check engine light came on right away. Pulled over at an auto part store to check code. Code comes up fuel filter, fuel pump. Advised this was unsafe to drive. Sent to local garage close by while car was still driveable. Only Hyundai part available $577! Dealer back home and local repair shop state they are repairing more and more of these. Only covered for 5 years/60k miles. I feel this should be recalled and I should be reimbursed at least for the part. I was stranded away from home with my children and had to have this emergency repair. Hyundai states they will not help.

- , Virginia Beach, US

Sep 282016

Sonata 2.4L

Had the High Pressure Fuel Pump go out. < 85k miles on the car. Since I bought it used, the 100k warranty was not valid. It seems as though this fuel pump going out is a common problem. The part, by itself, cost $536.

I really do like this car, it's powerful for a 4 cylinder and pretty good on gas mileage. Sucks that something like this happens often and the part is so expensive. Especially sucks that you have to be the original owner to maintain the 100k mile warranty.

- , Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Sep 142015

Sonata 2.0L

Horrible car! Only a 2012 and had to already replace the back-up camera, battery, and now the high pressure fuel pump. It's becoming a money pit for sure! My next buy will be American!

- , Perrysburg, OH, USA