Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Sonata:

Nov 022018

Sonata

My car is a 2017 Sonata SE 2.4L just shy of 21K miles. I use the parking brake all the time and yesterday when I got home and depressed the parking brake pedal it went all the way to the floor - no more working parking brake! on the floor I found a small locknut and a washer that fell off the threaded end of the cable at the parking brake pedal. I repaired it myself by adding a second regular M6 nut (10mm wrench) and locked the two nuts together. Adding the second nut and locking them together should permanently fix the issue.

- Hatfield, MA, USA

Oct 152017

Sonata

On 10-15-17 I had an incident of an unintended acceleration as I was turning into my driveway. The car made a loud vroom noise and I tried to brake and the brakes failed me and I put the car into park and it still moved where it hit my garage door. I have tire marks all over my driveway from this incident. I was driving a Hyundai Sonata sport and the dealership or corporate does not want to take back the car or do anything for me because they claim nothing is wrong with the vehicle but I know that is not true.

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Oct 152017

Sonata

The contact owns a 2017 Hyundai Sonata. While pulling into the driveway, the vehicle accelerated independently and crashed into the garage. There were no injuries. The brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle did not respond. The vehicle was towed to gosch Hyundai (100 carriage cir, hemet, ca 92545), but the diagnosis was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 26,000.

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Jun 232017

Sonata

The sensors for braking did not work. I had an accident where I rear ended a truck. The brakes didn't work, only slid into the back of the truck. I was on a busy street when an emergency vehicle turned on sirens at the last second. The truck stopped as it should have. I braked as hard as possible but the car kept going until it collided into the truck. I have read reports on the 2017 Sonata which states the car will stop when it senses imminent danger. This one didn't. my concern is- is there more cars like this one out there that don't work as it should. I purchased this car 02/2017. Had only 23 miles. I took my car in for servicing the day before and was told there was a recall on the car. I never received a notice of recall and still haven't. supossedly that was taken care of. The invoice shows the recall was for altn screw. It shows it was for Santa Fe spt/Sonata.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 262017

Sonata

When driving long distance when in an emergency situation the. Takes failed to operate.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA