3.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Compass:

Jul 102019

Compass

From on ramp to I290W. Going 30 mph and accelerated to get on highway and car engine was revving and vehicle would not go faster with stepping on gas pedal. I was on the highway and unable to go with the flow of traffic. Dash lights lit up and I had to go as best I could to emergency lane. I near caused an accident with the oncoming traffic on the highway

- Worcester, MA, USA

Jul 012019

Compass

Jeep will not start with key. Then I had to press on gas to get car to start, now it doesn't start at all with key. I have to use my automatic starter to get my car to start then put my key in. This should be recalled. This is not safe, and obviously a Jeep problem. I have researched this, and so many Jeep owners have this problem.

- Levering, MI, USA

May 142019

Compass

While driving on the highway on two separate occasions now, my Jeep suddenly loses power and decelerates. The engine light, electronic throttle control light and stability control light come on, the Jeep runs very rough and will not accelerate. After pulling over and turning the car off and back on the engine light stays on and the other lights go off but after driving a bit the problem occurs again. After researching online there are many reports of this happening to other Jeep compasses. Please note this has happened on the highway it has been a particularly scary situation due to the fact that the Jeep rapidly decelerates and the traffic behind me has had difficulty slowing as quickly.

- Yorktown Heights, NY, USA

Dec 152018

Compass

My car has not been starting up. The car would sit for 5 minutes at the least and would not start up right away. I was told it could be one of my sensors so I changed the crankshaft sensor but am still having the same problems but worse. It makes a clicking noise like it's trying to start but won┐T and the lights flicker, everything resets but doesn┐T turn on. Now it does this any time I try to start the car. At some points the lights would go off in its own and coke back on or just flicker after it has been started. If and when I can finally get it started, when I press the gas to accelerate or going up a hill, it hesitates and pulls back hard. I then came across this particular recall on my exact vehicle and wondered if maybe this is the same issue causing the same problems. This has been going on for a few months now.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Mar 282019

Compass

I took my car to get fixed and the Jeep Compass was having issues with the crankshaft my crankshaft have to be completely replaced and I just found out that there was a recall on the 2016 Jeep compasses. My car won┐T turn off at high speed and that little speed in the middle of nowhere at a light driving this was extremely dangerous

- Allentown, PA, USA

Mar 142019

Compass

Electronic control throttle started to go all of a sudden

- South Park, PA, USA

Mar 102019

Compass 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2016 Jeep Compass. While driving various speeds, the check engine and traction control warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000. Consumer had it repair.

- Commodore, PA, USA

Mar 042019

Compass

My car would shut off while driving on highway and streets. My car shut off at high speed, low speed, short distance and long distance. I was advised by a mechanic that this was the crankshaft sensor that was recalled on 2016 Jeep vehicles though mid July and my car is August (recall S89). I took vehicle to Jeep dealership and was advised that the cause is the crankshaft censor but im being charged $350 for this same bad part because my vehicle is no longer under warranty. I almost dies on the highway due to this faulty part. I took my car to 3 mechanics and will out of pocket $800 because the recall did not extend to my vehicle. Its wrong and extremely unsafe!!!!

- Smyrna, GA, USA