7.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Compass:

Nov 072018

Compass

My Jeep Compass had been a great reliable car until a few days ago when it stalled and shut off with no warning. I waited an hour for Triple AAA and they towed it to my home. The next day it started but fearful of it stalling out and stopping on me, I had it towed to mechanic number one. He looked at it and said he couldn't find a problem for why it stalled and he gave it back to me no charge. Fearful of driving a car that dies in mid flight, I took it to Mechanic number 2. He fixed the Throttle Body adjusted the idle speed total cost $205.74.

I picked it up late on Friday at 5:00 pm the Mechanics shop is closed on weekends. I drove it less than 20 miles and it stalled at a light in the middle of an intersection. I shut it off and in 3 minutes was able to get it started again and got home. Before I got home when I turned right slowing and then accelerated it stalled again.

I have to take it back to see if they can fix the problem. It appears these cars are not safe and the engine shuts off completely, very scary. I don't know how to get to work and I wonder how It will get fixed when mechanics say the diagnostic tests show no problem. I called the Jeep dealer and they say they can't fix it either as they can't duplicate the problem (All they have to do is drive it 20 miles) I still owe 2 more years on the car....what can I do when I pay $375 per month for a car I can't sell and I need to get to work. Car is not safe very high risk for a collision.

- Nitaanne R., Richmond, KY, US

Sep 042018

Compass Sport 2.4L

Car stutters. Thought it might be old gas so put STP in, still happening. It's not when I let off gas, it seems to be when I gently apply gas. Haven't noticed it happening when I quickly accelerate. Just bought car from dealership that said it was certified in good shape. I just want to know what is causing the stutter.

- Christy B., Tacoma, WA, US