4.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Jeep Compass:

Jun 102019

Compass 4-cyl

As I was driving on an 8 lane expressway my vehicle experienced an engine stall while driving. I immeditaely tunred on my hazard lights to alert other drivers and crossed 7 lanes to come to a complete stop as I could no longer accelerate. I turned off my vehicle, turned to the on position to allow all dahsboard lights to turn off and then off. I turned my vehicle back on and continued to drive to my desitnation but this time when it happened I just was going up a hill, cars in front and behind me I was right in the middle of the intersection with another engine stall while driving. I need to be added to the manufactures list of the know defect of their voluntary recall they initatiated. My car is not safe to drive and becuase this is intermittent I can not recreate this issue at the dealership. I am not on the list of a recall even though I am having engine stalls while driving. * ┐parts of this document have been redacted to protect personally identifiable information pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).┐

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 072018

Compass

I was on hwy going speed limit and the car in front stopped really fast and I put on my brakes and the engine got more power like the gas paddle was stuck I could not stop I had to go down the shoulder about a mile before the truck would stop and I was pushing down on the brake the whole time

- Marysville, WA, USA

Aug 202018

Compass

Stop system that stops the car at red lights for fuel econom. My car would all of the sudden accelerate without my putting foot on gas peddle. Took to dealer. He said there was a known issue with it, and wiped the memory and did an update. My concern is that when it did this I almost got into an accident with another car in front of me. It accelerated so fast I almost lost control too. When they test drove it they couldn't find anything wrong. But when they hooked it up to find any error codes they found 2. that's when they discovered the problem. My biggest concern is that they said it was a kniwn issue yet no recall to bring my car in for the updated fix. Hadvi not been trained for situations like this I or someone else could have gotten killed.the vehicle was in motion going down hill I was riding the brake because of the hill. When I had let up off the brake slightly that's when it accelerated so fast I almost lost control.

- Kent, WA, USA