7.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

Jul 082018

Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L V6

click to see larger images

uconnect update failed uconnect update failed uconnect update failed

Uconnect update failed and froze (see photo)up my entire head unit. now it is stuck in a rotation between the hourglass and insert USB screens. Cannot power off or use any functions.

- Jeannie S., Richland, US

Jun 112018

Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L V6

I bought a new - used Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2014. I wanted to do a software update to the Uconnect System as some of the lCD Icons do not work all the time. If I restart the car, this issue temporarily corrects itself.

Anyway, I went to UConnect and typed in my VIN and was provided an update from 16.13.13 to 17.43.07.

I downloaded the software and extracted to a USB using the Brand (Not SanDisk), type (FAT32), and 4GB flashdrive.

I followed the instructions for putting the flash drive in a usb port in my Jeep and running the update.

The update started to process, restart the system, and then told me the update was incompatible for my vehicle.

UConnect's suggestion is to pay the dealer $100 per hour to troubleshoot. (and get a working system back)

Any help would be really appreciated as I bought this jeep thinking I would be about to get the software current.

Thank you!