Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

Jun 152013

I own a 2002 Jeep Liberty and had never heard of a recall on the engine! I did get a notice for the air bag issues months ago and have contacted the local dealer who maintains that the parts aren't available. Didn't some other autos have the same problem" have they been fixed? I don't want to have a wreck and the air bags not deploy and then I become a crispy critter. Nor do I want the air bags to deploy when I'm driving down the interstate doing between 60 - 70 miles per hour. Again, possible crash with burning to death. Someone somewhere needs to get Chrysler to work. Do they need a financial handout" guess I'm gonna have to trade this clunker in and get something other than a Jeep. Too bad cause I love my Jeep.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jan 232013

Recall M35/12V-527 air bag system occupant restraint control module.

- Centerville, OH, USA

Jun 012012

Liberty 6-cyl

#2 cylinder failed, #2 rocker arm came off, #2 lash has play which caused the rocker to come off, passenger side cylinder assembly had to be replaced. Also fuel leak by crimp. All this with no indication or warning signs. No unusual sounds, smells or indication from panel on dash. The vehicle lost power immediately.

- Honolulu, HI, USA