7.9

Most common solutions:

1. replace window regulator (213 reports)
  2. replace windows plus regulators (62 reports)
  4. recall the part that is defective (20 reports)
  5. calling Chrysler lack of customer service center (10 reports)
  6. disconnected regulator and window permanently stays up (10 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Liberty:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.

May 132013

Liberty

This was the 3rd (or 4th) window that I had to fix. So aggravating!! Why can't this problem be corrected?? My car guy said that the replacement parts were so poorly made that it will just keep breaking. And for me to be prepared to have them tear up again. So aggravating!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , New Hope, US

Mar 202014

Liberty

NEEDLESS TO SAY AFTER REPLACING A WINDOW REGULATOR FOR THE FORTH TIME ON MY JEEP THAT I LOVE OTHERWISE, I AM SO PISSED THAT JEEP HAS NOT COME UP WITH A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM. WHAT THE HECK!!!! I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE BUY A JEEP!!!!!!!

- , New Hope, US

May 022017

Liberty

This is the second one on the same vehicle. Makes American made stuff not worth looking at. Thanks Cry Slur! You just worry yourself about making sure you can fart through silk shorts while you put out shoddy cheap breakable product. I was a jeep fan, now you have broken the trust.

- , Salem, VA, US

Apr 192017

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Been lucky I guess, mine stays in the garage so it may have taken longer to break. I don't drive it much, maybe 1,000 a year. Went out the other day and the passenger rear window was all the way down inside the door. This happened with the Jeep sitting in the garage all on it's own. Hopefully my extended warranty I bought with the Jeep will take car of it. Have to call Carmax soon and see.

- , Raleigh, NC, US

Feb 122014

Liberty Limited 3.7L

The regulator is going out again. I took it to Jeep the first two times and got soaked real well 450.00 the first time and right at 400.00 the second time. Going out again. so I thought I would at least bitch about it. On a fixed income and babying it so I don't have to put out another 400.00.

- , Bellevue, NE, USA

Jul 142015

Liberty Limited V6

Both rear windows and passenger front broke. Cost $225 at mechanic, about $100 to do it yourself. I would suggest to do it yourself as they will break again. 3rd time I have replaced.

- , Chino Hills, CA, USA

Sep 302014

Liberty Sport Crd

This is the 4 of 4 issues with the window regulators. All 4 have been replaced and will hopefully hold up until I get rid of this piece of crap of a vehicle. Never buying Jeep again and totally turned off of domestics altogether.

Same thing...rolled down the rear driver window and the old familiar clicking sound occurred. Since this has happened 3 times prior, I knew it was the regulator. I immediately checked to see if the warranty was still valid and it was by a couple of months, thank gawd. Very pissed this time, as I've had to bring this vehicle in 4 separate times to replace 4 separate window regulators. I have better things to do with my time instead of waiting for my window regulators to be replaced, like working so that I afford to feed my family and pay for Jeep repairs so it seems.

Soooo getting rid of this vehicle and not buying a Jeep or Chrysler or any domestic vehicle ever again. I thought I would try a domestic since I've only owned Japanese previously and when Jeep came out with a diesel I was happy to buy. But this Jeep has left me with such bad experiences, that I'm going back to imports from here on out.

To North American manufacturers: If you want North Americans to support and buy North American vehicles, then get your shite together, no amount of patriotism is worth having to bring a domestic back to the shop over and over again because of bad craftsmanship and overall poor manufacturing practices. I'd rather give my money to the Japanese or Germans in order to ensure reliability.

Nov 122012

Liberty Sport Crd

This is the 3rd of 4 issues. Yeah, I've had all 4 window regulators replaced.

This time I rolled down the front passenger window and the same awful, but familiar clicking sound occurred. I immediately knew it was the window regulator again since this occurred the week before. Was beginning to wonder when the last window regulator was going to go. Why use crappy plastic for a part that is used often? I understand that you're trying to make the vehicle lighter, but c'mon use a better quality part instead using something cheap.

Nov 052012

Liberty Sport Crd

This is the 2nd of 4 issues. Yeah, I've had all 4 window regulators replaced.

Rolled down the front driver side window to enter the underground parking at work and then tried to roll it back up. The same familiar but annoying clicking sound occurred. I think grabbed the window before it dropped into the door and wedged wads of paper in between the glass and the frame to hold the window up.

Jun 012010

Liberty Sport Crd

This is the 1st for 4 occurrences. Yes, I've had all 4 window regulators replaced.

Rolled down the rear, passenger window to allow my kids to get some fresh air while waiting in the Jeep. When I tried to roll the windows back up, a strange clicking noise occurred and the window would not go up. When I tried to manually push the window up it almost dropped completely into the door, but I caught it in time. There was no recall notice at this time in Canada so I had to pay $750 to get the entire window assembly replaced. Very, very annoying.

Apr 292016

Liberty LTD V6

It was pouring down rain and I was on my way to work...I stopped at Taco Bell drive thru and had to roll down my window to pay....pushed the driver side rear button by mistake and the window would NOT go back up! I had to get out and push it up with both hands...got soaked and had to go to work like that! I was PISSED!

- , Elizabeth City, NC, US

Aug 012016

Liberty Limited 3.7L

Bought this Liberty and since it was winter, never thought to roll down the back window. Hmm, it would not go down. Took it all apart, ordered a replacement regulator and installed it. Now I find out that I have 3 more windows that are gonna break soon. Nice going, Chrysler!

- , Northglenn, CO, USA

Jun 202012

Liberty 4x4 3.7L

This was the first time we had a problem with the window regulator in our Jeep Liberty and the car repairmen said that he had seen many of them come through his shop and looked into it possibly being a recall, but it wasn't. Thankfully we had an extended warranty that we paid for (not from Jeep) that paid for the part, but did not pay for the labor to fix it. We now have the same problem a couple years later, and Jeep just wants to put people in harm's way and not pay to have it recalled and fixed!

- , Washington, IA, US

Jul 202016

Liberty 4x4 3.7L

In 2011 we purchased our Jeep Liberty used and around a year later I came out from work and the window was down in the door. Thankfully we had an extended warranty that we paid for (not from Jeep) that covered the part for the window regular but not the labor. Now a couple years later the other window in the back is having the same problem and will need to be fixed and will be completely out of our pockets which is around $350. Jeep is aware of the problem due to all of the articles I am reading online and I feel that this should be a recall issue. I have two small children that ride in this vehicle and this is highly unsafe for the window to just randomly fall down. This is a safety hazard and a problem that I should not have to pay for.

- , Washington, IA, US

Apr 102016

Liberty LX Diesel

IT WOULD SEEM THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT CHRYSLER HAS HAD WITH THIS MODEL FOR YEARS. MINE JUST TOOK A LITTLE LONGER TO FAIL THAN SOME.

- , Gray Creek, BC, Canada

Mar 182016

Liberty Limited V6

It was the 2nd week of March. I arrived at the High School for my teenagers swim meet. Parked my 2006 Jeep Liberty, got out, locked it up and headed on my way. A few hours later I returned only to find my rear passenger window..... Gone! I'm looking for glass on the ground, inside the vehicle, shaking the door, to no avail. So, I figured it out. The window, is inside the door! Upon arriving home I decide to play Ace Detective by searching the internet only to discover, I am not alone! After reading several complaints about this same problem I began to accept the fact that #1, this is a very common flaw within this vehicle, sadly, it was gonna cost me a lot of money to have it fixed, and lastly, it's been to claims court several times with requests for it to be considered a recall situation only to have the Courts dismiss and throw out the claim!

Oh yeah, did I mention there's rain in the forecast! Now I'm dealing with the obvious! Tape plastic to the door frame around the window area, only to have that sticky, won't come off, gonna ruin my Jeep, residue that is left behind after the window is fixed. Oh yeah..... Did I also mention the fact that we were supposed to leave for a week long vacation in just 2 days and my Son is coming in from Ohio for a week and we had planned for him to use the Jeep for transportation while he was here?

I decided to wait until after vacation to have the window fixed so my Son was nice enough to find this crazy awesome plastic product to cover the window area with an adhesive that won't stick to the paint when you remove it. We were minding our own business just 4 days later when I received a text from my Son, informing me that guess what.......... Your other rear window fell in!!!!!!!! Just as it had happened to me. Parked, locked it up, went inside, came out later to find it gone. In the door!! So needless to say, upon my return home, we took our Jeep to our auto repair shop, and $600 + later, the windows are now, where they should be! Unfortunately, from what I have read, repaired, replaced, fixed, what ever description one wants to put on it, several other people report they have had a recurrence, of this flaw 2, 3, 4, even 5 & 6 times! So, we wait. Wait to dip into my hard earned savings or go ahead, add some more debt to that piece of plastic one carries in their wallet! Surely one does not have plans for any of that extra money. I am torn about this issue with my Jeep as I love it! It's comfortable, convenient, and looks great. However, looks like I'm going to have to choose between maintaining yet another odd, off the wall, expensive, repair (there have been others) for our Jeep since Chrysler has let me down, or continue to put that money away for my children's college fund. Easily said, I'll ride horse back to graduation before putting another cent into this vehicle for zero piece of mind!

- , Grass Valley, CA, USA

Oct 012007

Liberty LTD V6

Replaced regulators, at least 4 times, gave up and now back windows are up permanently. Not to mention, fell of the track so the driver's side passenger window is being held up with a wrist pad from a computer. The gel thick ones. !#$!#%#$%!!!!!

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA

Mar 092013

Liberty Limited 2.8L Turbo Diesel

both rear windows failed within a couple weeks of each other. and I never put the windows down, im a ac guy.

- , Binghamton, NY, US

Nov 182010

Liberty

This was the first occurance.not annoying yet. I have 7 more of the same problem. Left rear window again this time

- , Wylie, TX, USA

Nov 182015

Liberty

Five years of peace. Since this is the 8th one to break, I thought it might be due some special consideration. If for no other reason, all the time we spent on the 7 other occurance. Borowing vehicles, getting rides, missing work, etc. Via a chat with Jeep customer service it was flat to bad, so sad. They do feel my pain though.

- , Wylie, TX, USA