Most common solutions:

1. engine replacement (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Liberty:

Aug 142018

Liberty LX 3.7L

I had a #2 spring fail and cylinder drop and destroyed the engine. This is inexcusable especially when it happen to someone else. I can't afford a new one and I am paying $340 on a boat anchor.

- Allan H., Omaha, NE, US

Nov 042016

Liberty 3.7L V6

Had replaced oil and 1826 miles before. Was due at 3000. Coolant level was ok at the time as well as other fluids. I parked the car in the morning when I got to work, about 8:30 am. In the afternoon, at about 4:30 pm, it would not start. Just some noise as starting and then die. I called a tow truck and brought it to a certified shop.

The next morning they tell me the engine needs to be replaced because #2 cylinder valve seat dropped and caused severe mechanical failure, piston damage and debris everywhere. The cost of the engine replacement is actually similar to the actual value of the car, meaning a total loss. Only that the body, the interior, other systems and brand new tires are in perfect condition. When asked the mechanic about it, he said...it is a known problem on these Jeeps, to fail that way. I need help on how to proceed.

- Armando A., Goleta, US

Sep 132016

Liberty

My Jeep engine completely failed. Car was in great working condition until the engine failure.

- libertyowner124, Raleigh, NC, USA