1.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Patriot:

Aug 292019

Patriot

When I fill the gas tank all the way, the Jeep stalls shortly afterward. That turns off the power steering. It's very dangerous. Potentially deadly if it happens while cornering at higher speeds. Forums online are saying that it's a manufacturer flaw in the rollover valve inside the gas tank, and that the only way to fix it, is to replace the tank. That is a very expensive repair. The forums indicate that it is becoming a very common problem. I feel that Jeep should issue a recall on this dangerous factory flaw and pay for the repairs.

- Napa, CA, USA

Feb 202019

Patriot

After filling up with gas car stumbles and dies at stops for about five minutes minutes afterwards. This procedure goes on for about ten miles all I read says it is a safety valve on top off gas tank. Only way to fix is relace the whole gas tank. This happens when vehicle is in motion or just setting idleling. RPM starts to decreace and smothers plum out. I purchased this vehicle used it has done this ever since ive owned it.

- Somerset, KY, USA

Dec 012017

Patriot

Every time I fillup my Jeep I get within 1 mile of gas station it begins to stall. This happened everytime I fill up for the past 5 years. The Jeep will just shutoff and the power steering stops working being that it stalled. This has almost caused me to crash many times and to get the problem fixed Jeep dealership said I would have to replace the entire gas tank. Doing some research lots of people are complaining about this happening to them and being very costly to fix. The item that needs to be fixed is the (fuel tank rollover valve) Jeep doesn┐T make a replacement part for this and that is why you have to replace the entire fuel tank. Below is a website about the problem https://www.cargurus.com/cars/discussion-T29898_ds631498 www.jeepforum.com/forum/F11/gas-fill-pump-pump-shutting-off-while-filling-1447396/

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Feb 172017

Patriot

The steering wheel locked up while the vehicle was in motion at approximately 45 mph. I was driving on a back country road and slightly turned the wheel to follow the curve in the road when the wheel locked up. Fortunately, I was sharing the road with just a few other drivers, it was a slight bend in the road, and I was able to use the breaks. After I came to a complete stop, I had to utilize great force to turn the locked steering wheel. It seemed like that maybe loosened it up some but not quite all the way"?" then, I turned the vehicle off for a few minutes, restarted it, and then it seemed to be ok. After being inspected by a mechanic, I was told that they could not find anything that would have caused an issue for this to have happen. They said that further disassembling could possibly locate a problem. This is extremely concerning and hazardous! I'm not sure if others have had this issue as well but it should absolutely be looked into!

- Dover, DE, USA