8.0

$500

Most common solutions:

2. throttle body replaced (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

Jul 102018

Patriot

Turned on my car this morning to go to work and the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) light came on after 20 feet of driving. I pulled over shut the car off and restarted it. Noticed that the Malfunction Indication Light (MIL) was on. when I was almost at work (about 10min later) the ETC light came back on and the care deaccelerated and was sluggish. The vehicle struggled to go up a small hill into my parking spot.

- gbwpma1gw, Great Falls, US

Mar 272017

Patriot

Was driving my boyfriend and his 4-year-old son to H&R block for taxes when the car suddenly stopped accelerating. Engine light, ETC light, and check oil light come on all at once. Tried turning off and turning on the car. Car started up normally but problem started back up as soon as brakes were applied. Car was shaking violently, unable to press on brakes, and could push gas pedal to floor but could only go about 20mph.

- Amanda S., Burlington, VT, US

May 112016

Patriot 2.4L

This happened a few times, then hadn't had the trouble for a few months, then all the sudden it started again on May 9th 2016 then recurred again on May 11, 2016. I took the car to the dealer where we bought the car last evening to have them check it out. So far haven't heard anything from them yet. Hopefully they can remedy the problem. When this problem occurred the power of the engine really fell off and the car surging sluggishly then returned to full power, until I slowed down or stopped. When I took the car to the dealer everything was

Running but the engine warning light was still on.

- Jim B., Fairborn, OH, US