Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

Jun 292019

Renegade

I was driving on a paved highway at about 50 mph when I felt a slight wobblling sensation that felt like it was coming from the rear of the vehicle. I let off the accelerator and applied my brakes and the vehicle suddenly veered sharply into the oncoming lane of traffic. I turned the steering wheel to get the vehicle back in my own lane and the vehicle veered sharply back toward my lane and started to go off the road. Then the vehicle started veering sharply back and forth between both lanes and I had no control with the steering wheel. I had let off the accelerator when it started veering all over the road. At one point the vehicle was turning sideways and I thought it was going to roll over. I was approaching a sharp curve and the vehicle was headed towards a power pole and 3 concrete irrigation boxes. I kept tapping the brakes until the vehicle stopped, running off the road near the power pole, but fortunately did not make impact with the power pole or the concrete irrigation boxes. When I got out to see what happened, the rear driver's side trailing arm was hanging down and was no longer attached to the vehicle. Weather conditions were sunny, about 80 degrees and the pavement was dry. No police report was filed since I did not hit anything. I had just met another oncoming vehicle approximately 10 seconds prior to this; had the timing been differently I would have hit them head-on with no way to steer the vehicle to avoid the collision. Vehicle was then driven approx. 1 mile to my house at 5-10 mph.

- Homedale, ID, USA

Dec 152017

Renegade

The rotors wear out but the brake pads are still good it has already wore out 2 sets the brakes grab and stick it jerks you hard right or left.we cant get the company to do anything they act like its our fault. Also it sways really bad in the rear end feels like your riding a old mule hobbity-hoe.also the transmission has a delay in shift &shifts really hard.the vehicle only has 44,000 miles. We are going to get hurt in this vehicle and can't get any help.

- Mckee, KY, USA

Jun 072018

Renegade

Brakes, pads and rotors were functioning properly at 57K oil change/tire rotation, multipoint inspection at Jeep dealership. At 63K right front brake pad, shoe & rotor completely worn, rotor damaged, all beyond use, and require immediate replacement. Left front brake pad, and shoe are not worn, but because of the pressure from the other wheel, need replaced. Screeching sound when letting off the brake continues after both sets of front brake pads, shoes, & rotors are replaced. Fan assembly is lose and hitting other components, unfixable. Fan has to be replaced.. vehicle top and interior began creaking at 50-60K miles as if unevenly supported by shocks/cv joints/something within the brake/axle/strut/shine/cv/ball joints. Popping noise comes from exterior front when starting out. Letting of the brakes from after a stop or after being parked makes a grinding noise as if creaking under pressure. Also engine light intermittently on, thermostat error but not consistent or able to be rectified by dealership. Cabin temperature, engine temperature, and thermostat functioning normally. Issue remains U resolved. Harsh braking is a security concern.

- Bentonville, AR, USA