6.8

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.

Jan 042019

Renegade Latitude 2.4L

THIS IS A PROBLEM. THE JEEP DOESN'T HAVE A LOT OF MILES.

- duprey, Peru, US

Aug 302017

Renegade Latitude

I purchased the vehicle 6/17 and returned it with the first of many complaints about the same thing. They told me it was a computer update. It still rose terrible for a car with on about 7000 miles.

- Tamara P., Chicago, IL, US

Jan 102018

Renegade Sport

I heard some folks complaining about a delay when accelerating. This happened to me a few days when it was below freezing. It was fine after it got hot, but it was a little alarming at first. I'm glad I live in Texas and not in a state where it gets cold a lot.

- Michelle C., Gatesville, TX, US

Jan 012018

Renegade

Yes, being a woman, I was hesitant to mention this problem -- thinking I was being "stupid". However, when I noticed the smooth ride of the Jeep Renegade loaned to me during a window seal problem, I knew it was definitely a problem. The problem is, when I accelerate after a stop, the vehicle jerks/lurches/hesitates. At times, I will verify that I have ample room before merging into traffic, afraid it will pause too long. I took my vehicle into to be serviced and their "fix" was a computer update telling me to wait a couple weeks so that it could "adjust" to my driving. Well, it still has the same problem.

After searching on the internet, I saw on your website that I am not the only one with this problem and am taking it in again on the 8th of May. I mentioned "transmission" in your category choice; however, I don't know where the problem lies. I do know that I am not alone -- possible a defect in the 2015 models -- and am extremely upset that they did not fix the problem knowing that this is an issue with this model.

- Joy E., ELKHORN, US

Jul 312015

Renegade Trailhawk 2.4L 4 cyl

9 speed automatic transmission is not engineered properly. No acceleration and hard clunky shifts, especially in 1-3 gears.

- ernvaz, W, MA, US

Feb 012016

Renegade Trailhawk 2.4L

After all the complaints with this transmission you would think there would be a fix. However it just software update after software update. They have kept my vehicle for up to a week just to do a software update. When you buy a new car you don't expect to spend so much time at the repair shop. This vehicle does it all. I have taken off and stalled. I have went into traffic and instead of accelerating it has slowed down. The RPM is in the 4s and I am only going like 10MPH... So frustrating. I am about to pursue the Lemon Law.

- misstifa, Dallas, GA, US

Aug 122016

Renegade Latitude 2.4L

I've owned this Jeep for a year now and haven't really had any issues but today taking a right hand turn (not sharp or anything) the Jeep just lost ALL power and the Traction Control light came on and then power came back. It's a hazard for sure.

- altertheending, Rock Island, IL, US

Nov 022015

Renegade

I plan on taking to dealer when I can arrange another car. It's an automatic transmission and at first I figured it may be something unique to this car, like a fuel saving measure. You press the gas and there is a delay before it finally gets moving. Like no other car I have ever driven. It also seems to have a long delay between shifts during acceleration.

- Robert B., Gillette, WY, US