4.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Renegade:

Mar 282019

Renegade

Intermittent check parking break, check air bag warning keeps coming on. Also will not recognize when driver seat belt is engaged. This happens when the vehicle is started and at least one of the three warnings will stay on when the vehicle is in motions.

- Sandy, UT, USA

Jan 162019

Renegade

I am reporting a possible safety problem that has developed over recent months with my 2016 Jeep Renegade trailhawk 4X4. The vehicle has a recurring malfunction with the driver side seat electrical wiring assembly. The problem occurs intermittently after the seatbelt is properly secured and there is normal body movement in the driver seat while the vehicle is either in motion or stationary. The problem so far affects several of the electronic subsystems connected to the vehicle's driver seat. This malfunction has caused temporary or permanent disabling of the driver seat power controls, airbag system, electronic parking brake system and seatbelt warning system.

Feb 092019

Renegade

Driver's seat belt will not buckle. The mechanism malfunctioned and you can't insert the buckle into the lock. There is no seat belt alert sound either because of this malfunction.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Dec 212018

Renegade

Update information/picture file to complaint # 11164364.

Jul 192018

Renegade

I am reporting a possible safety problem that has developed over recent months with my 2016 Jeep Renegade trailhawk 4X4. The vehicle has a recurring malfunction with the driver side seat electrical wiring assembly. The problem occurs intermittently after the seatbelt is properly secured and there is normal body movement in the driver seat while the vehicle is in motion. The problem so far affects several of the electronic subsystems connected to the vehicle's driver seat. This malfunction has caused temporary or permanent disabling of the driver seat power controls, airbag system, electronic parking brake system and seatbelt warning system.

Nov 162018

Renegade

Seat belt light comes on dings the service airbag light comes on and the emergency brake light all at the same time. No one seems to be able to fix this problem. It does not seem to affect the driving but would have no idea if the airbags would deploy correctly. Also today while driving to work they all stayed on the entire time while dinging for over 20 mins. I have taken it to the dealership many times with no resolve. Some say it will not do it there some say they fixed it by taking off the negative battery cable for 40 mins that worked for like 1 day then all the lights are back. Is am so frustrated with this Jeep and the lack of help. I have no idea if this car is safe for my kids with the airbag, seat belt and emergency brake lights constantly on while driving. This happens when I turn the car on, or they can all just come on while driving. It is at such random times but it is everyday!

- Independence, MO, USA

Oct 112018

Renegade

┐takata recall┐ cooling fan went out in December 2017 received vehicle back 2018. Heard noises from vehicle took it back and they say the brakes & rotors need to be replace (how when it was with you all for two months). Now it's October 2018, thermostat is going out. Why wasn┐T this caught at the time of the replacement of the cooling fan. Then the seat belt mysteriously have a cut or something in it and they don┐T cover it so it will be an out of pocket fee. It's unsafe to have a thermostat going out as well as a seat that has a cut/splitting.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Feb 122017

Renegade

I believe there is a problem with the electrical system with this 2016 Jeep Renegade trailhawk which I bought new in 01/07/2017. These problems below happen at random times: Driving city, highway, parked. Started around 1300 miles which was around 02/12/2017; last time I picked it up from the dealer was 06/30/2017 which they had it for 10 days. Freezing cluster, rear reverse camera staying on while in drive, alarm going on and off on its own. The main safety concern I have and have been back to the dealer three times in 6,000 miles with no solutions: Is the alarms of 'service electronic parking brake┐ alert going on which is 90% time paired up with 'service airbag system┐ alert going on, and the seatbelt warning system flashing on. Sometimes it will clear itself, other times it will clear when I stop turn the car off, and then back on. Dealer says there is no errors in the system, and it didn't happen while they had the vehicle. July 5 still going on more frequently. I called dealer twice in the last five days and I have not received a call back. I do not feel safe in my vehicle, I have personally witnessed while working on a fire engine and ambulance that air bags sometimes do not get deployed for various reasons, and the out come is sometimes not good for the passengers. I have also seen that when air bags deploy properly it can save lives. I do not trust my vehicle for the safety of my family and I. I do have all documentation from the dealership. As well as video's on my iphone of this happening.

- San Diego, CA, USA