2.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Wrangler:

Sep 262017

Wrangler

I know the Jeep is a 2002, but this rusting, to be this bad, had to have started awhile ago. I went to have two new tires installed and was told by the shop that they could not jack or lift the vehicle due to the rust. This is part of the frame, god forbid if it would have failed. It is so rusted that I can put my finger through the frame in spots. I do not use the Jeep for off road activities nor park it in the ocean. I also wash the road salt off during the winter. I have included pictures of the rusted pass side and the not too rusted driver side. This is just an around town vehicle. This is ridiculous and Jeep should be ashamed to release a vehicle with such a dangerous defect. I wonder if this is a vehicle from a flood. For this amount of deterioration, I would not doubt it and I will try to find out. Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Oct 012015

Wrangler

Jeep frame has rusted in half in several places costing$3,000 in repairs luckily it broke at a low speed without harm to anyone if this happens at highway speeds who knows how many people could have been injured.

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Oct 012007

Wrangler

My frame and suspension have rotted out from the inside out. Its costing me over $6,000 to replace everything.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Jun 142014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Purchased a 2002 Jeep Wrangler sahara with 4 miles on it. All required maintenance has been done routinely. This vehicle has never been off road and was strictly a daily driver averaging 12K miles per year. I took the vehicle to the shop for an oil change and the mechanic brought me into the garage to show me the frame was almost completely rotted through near the front suspension. The frame where the cross bracket that holds the transmission in place has also rotted. The bolts in the bracket have nothing to hold onto because the frame has rotted through. The mechanic stated, "you are one pot hole away from a major accident". I brought it to another mechanic who stated "this is a major safety risk and I would not suggest driving it." Other than the frame rotting out, the vehicle is in perfect working order with normal wear. I can provide photos if interested.

- Lincoln, RI, USA

Jul 022013

Wrangler 6-cyl

Frame is dangerously rusted rendering the vehicle unsafe.

- Valrico, FL, USA

May 192002

Wrangler

A loose bolt in the suspension system caused noise while driving on a dirt road and when driving over bumps on a paved road.

- Bradford, NH, USA