7.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Kia Sedona:

Jan 252019

Sedona

Sliding doors have been malfunctioning and opening while the car is in drive and moving the driver side back door does not stop if there is something there. Sliding doors failed to close.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 302018

Sedona

The driver side back door does not stop if there is something there. It almost closed on my son who had to get out of the way fast because it closed and didn┐T sense he was there.

- Jackson, MO, USA

Feb 262018

Sedona

When I bought this car I was not given any warnings/information about the edible wiring in the auto even though there are numerous complaints and lawsuits about this problem. I could find nothing in the provided literature. I am a 73 year old widow and I had researched this car. It rated high for safety. I had to have a safe car. In February,2018 while I was on the road warning lights about ABS appeared and the rear washer did not work. Diagnosed as chewed wiring. The dealership said not their problem! a few weeks later the car stalled on a highway and warning lights said ABS and the cruise control did not work. A few minutes later the check engine light came on. The car fell to pieces as I was driving. Again diagnosed as chewed wiring. Again had it repaired at my expense. I researched and spent several hundred on repellants, etc. I had inside the car and all around the car surrounded with everything I could find. I called an exterminator but he saw no evidence of rats. Possible squirrels. Game cam took pictures of raccoons. Thought maybe I was safe. Two weeks later no water to front or rear windows. Dealer said about 8 inches of the water hose had been eaten. My previous car (Chevy uplander 2008) sat in the same place for over 3 years and no wiring problems. Research showed most cars today made with soy-based wiring that attracted rodents. I am not safe driving this car. There were no warnings about a know problem. The dealer denies all responsibility and the manufacturer customer complain department will not return my calls. When I call them they say "not their problem". I say it is their problem!! I want a buyback or at least wrapping all the wiring with repellant tape, refund of all money spent in repairs and preventatives, a promise to fix any future damage and a monetary award for all my stress and inconvenience.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Jan 302018

Sedona

Engine light came on and stayed on for two days. Mirrors and horn does not fold or beep when pressing the key pad to lock the doors. Engine is beginning to sound loud. Its tough drive up small slopes. It have the "eco" button but it does not save on ⛽. when these issues happened the vehicle was parked, driving up steep hills, small hills, level road, highways...

- Phoenixville, PA, USA