6.0

Most common solutions:

2. repaint affected areas (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sorento:

Nov 112016

Sorento LX 2.4L 4

click to see larger images

paint peeling

I had the service manager look at the paint peeling above the windshield, he had the paint and body shop look at it and they said it was from rock chips but there was no dent. The paint is peeling off in three strips about four inches wide, now there’s a small spot on the hood. When the manager told me they wouldn’t fix it I told him that’s the reason the make brands of cars he said that’s right. By telling me that I assume he doesn’t want my business.i will never buy another car from Regal KiA in Lakeland, Florida.

- Paul R., Winter Haven, US

Oct 012017

Sorento LX 2.3L 4cly

I have been attempting to get Kia to fix the faulty paint on my Sorento for over 2 months. I have contacted the dealership where it was purchased and they told me sorry I was out of warranty period. This issue should be covered. It is clear that the paint is faulty and is just peeling off. The spot is right above the windshield on the passengers side. The paint is chipping down to the primer. It seems that the paint and primer are not bonded properly. I feel that they should be liable because there are tons of complaints on this issue online. I have spoken with customer service through the 800#. My case was handed to District Mgr. Steven Kang. He offered to fix the roof if I paid half the cost which their estimate was over $300 out of pocket for me. I feel this is shows they know the paint is bad or they would have just told me sorry. I have asked to speak to Mr. Kang on numerous phone calls and he refuses to talk with me. I feel that if he is a customer service manger it should be my right o speak with him concerning his decision. However he will not take my call. I have since been escalated to another group. I clearly told them do to work schedule I could not take a call till after 530pm and they contacted prior to this. I have returned the call and still haven't received a call back in about a week now. I am still seeking a solution to this issue. I feel that a vehicle that is just over 3yrs old should not have the paint falling off it. That is unacceptable.... I have spoken to several reps and have documentation of our conversations so when this goes to a higher attempt to get what I am do I will have names and employee extensions to quote. I hope this issue is resolved. I would never recommend a Kia vehicle to anyone due to this issue.

- Stuart R., Cedar Bluff, US