$6,400.00

Most common solutions:

1. new engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Kia Sorento:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Kia dealer.

Jun 192017

Sorento 2.0L

In Sept of 2015 my husband surprised me with my very first brand new car at the age of 42 years old. It was a car which I had mentioned so many times to him that I LOVED and wished I could one day buy one. It was the Kia Sorento 2016 blue (my favorite color) and had 12 miles on it and the plastic still covering certain items in it when my husband showed up at our home with it for me. I could not have been happier and have absolutely loved every minute of owning our Kia Sorento. In February 2016 our 11 year old son was diagnosed with a rare brain cancer called DIPG. At the time of his diagnoses we were told that the emanate death would occur 9-12 months from then since there is no cure. My Kia transported our son back and forth to many doctors’ appointments and hospital trips and provided him a comfortable form of transportation. On January 15th our son now 12 year old son passed away. As you can imagine this last year of our lives has been more than a struggle to get through and since January even more difficult since every day we miss our son with every breath we take.

Late June 2017 my car started to make a noise on a Saturday night on my way home from work so I stopped at Auto Zone where they hooked it up to a little computer and informed me that the car was “misfiring” and to take it to the dealer so that they can look into the situation. On Monday morning I drove directly to the Rock River Kia located 226 N Alpine Rd Rockford IL where the service manager greeted me and took possession of my KIA to determine the issue. The next day I received a call from the service manager Justin telling me that my car was in need of a new engine due to “sludge” in the engine and it would cost about $8,400. I provided Justin the service records of the oil changes I had completed on my car and even he agrees that they were made within the “recommended” time frame. However KIA denied fixing the car under the warranty.

Having just buried our son you can imagine we do not have $8,400 laying around to have the car fixed that we are still paying $630 a month to have. I am at a loss of words on how KIA can deny fixing my car under warranty when I have fully upheld my part and responsibility of maintaining this car to my best ability. Up until this point I have and would have continued to recommend a KIA to my friends and family now I do not feel the same way. So I "escalated the issue with a specialist within the Kia Corporation" This really did nothing but provide me false hope that this company would stand behind their product. All this "escalation" did was delay for 3 MONTHS the same decision of Denial they originally stated.

I wanted to fight this claim with an attorney because Kia all but called me a liar and the mechanic place I had oil changes done at a fraud.... Kia's warranty is the only fraud I see here. Again 55,000 miles and ALL of the recommended oil changes.... we were able to remove the car after 3 months from the dealership (towing at my expense) even though I drove it there... and an auto shop was able to find a used motor and install it for $6,400 which has once again completely maxed out all of our cards however it was this or pay $600 a month for a blue yard ornament.

Shameful that an corporation does not care more for their customers... Guess they are not concerned about repeat clients or good word of mouth...

- , DeKalb, US

Jul 272016

Sorento LX V6

I have a small business which requires extensive travel by vehicle. I originally considered the Sorento because I had a Hyundai which provided me with good service. However, my Sorento now has a inoperable engine at 27,000 miles, after giving it "tender loving" maintenance. The dealership is reluctant to help and the dealership appears to be trying to "get out of" the help mode and blame me for the issue. I am very disappointed in the manufacturer support and I am considering getting an attorney to sue both the dealer and the manufacturer.

- , Monmouth Junction, NJ, USA