Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Lexus ES 300:

Jun 042013

ES 300

Had to replace stater, brakes would start and engine would stop.had to have brakes replaced, lighting inside would sometimes come on other times no lighting inside.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Oct 242014

ES 300 6-cyl

I accelerated from a stop light after it turned green. About 25 feet thru the light I heard the car behind me blowing their horn constantly. I looked in my rear view mirror to see what was going in. Then I thought I notice light smoke coming from my tailpipe. I applied my right turn blinker and pulled to the curve. As soon as I parked, I could see orange colored fire around the front of my car and along the side of my driver/passenger doors. I felt that me and my passenger wouldn't be able to exit the car without be burnt, but I knew we needed to get out immediately. I tried to calmly get my passenger to exit which we did mainly because she hadn't seen the flames. We were able to exit and I immediately call 911 and proceeded to clearing people from near my car. The fire dept and police arrived about 10-15 minutes later. The fire department extinguished the car then left. A police officer stayed until the tow co arrived. The car was towed away and I was given a ride to my residence.

- San Diego, CA, USA