7.9

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lincoln MKZ:

Jan 272014

MKZ 4-cyl

Incident 1: while filling gas tank I left the hose unattended while I waited inside the vehicle. The pressure in the tank from filling the vehicle was enough to push the gas spout out of the tank. As a result about 3 gallons of fuel spilled on the floor. Incident2: While filling gas tank I was standing over the hose, not holding the handle. I was waiting to fill up the vehicle. I witnessed the spout pop out of the gas tank and gasoline spilled on my shirt, pants and shoes. I have never had this happened to me before with any vehicle. It seems it needs some sort or pressure relief valve so that it doesn't eject the gasoline hose and spout so violently. The in indents happened two weeks apart.

- La Porte , TX, USA