2.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lincoln MKZ:

Sep 102019

MKZ

For the second one time in a month my locking mechanism on my 2014 Lincoln Mkz hybrid. Ford is recalling vehicles of the same year for the same problem and the dealerships say my VIN number isn┐T part of it. 2 door latch replacements is $800. This is ridiculous when other vehicles the same yet make and model as mine are acceptable for the recall. I opened my door and now the latch won┐T stay closed. It opened while I was driving

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Jul 112019

MKZ

Door latch defective. I had a defective latch replaced by Lincoln dealership one year ago. This was the rear drivers side door. On 7/11/19, my passenger side door latch is now defective. I contacted my Lincoln dealership and they explained my warranty is not valid, therefore, they will not cover the cost. I contacted Lincoln customer service, recall department and they too said they would not cover the 2nd defective door latch, due to no warranty. They explained they understood this is the 2nd defective door latch and this door latch issue is part of recall. However, my VIN# is not part of recall, but my make, model and year are included in recall.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Nov 202018

MKZ

Vehicle suddenly dies when driving without warning. I purchased the vehicle one month ago. Brougt it to the dealer for the bolt recall and stalled while dealer was trying to pull it into the bay. After that point, the vehicle died while drivng on numerous occasions. Went to the mechanic one two occasions and no codes pulled. Called dealer and they said I needed to go to a Ford dealer. Went to Ford dealer one code pulled (fuel injector) was replaced recommended I change transmission fluid and replace battery which I agreed to. Forty minutes after leaving dealer as I was oulling out of a parkign lot the car suddenly died again almost causing me to be hit by a box truck behind me. The car is back at the dealer and once again no codes are coming up and they said they cannot duplicate the issue. Went onto Mkz forums and this appears to be a problem not addressed which is causing a significant safety concern for both myself and others since there are no answers to why this is happening.

- Derry, NH, USA

Jan 282018

MKZ

Car door opened in traffic with baby in carseat, threw the car in park. Door latch broke.

- Beverly Hills, FL, USA