4.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda CX-5:

Feb 012019

CX-5 GT 2.5L

I just bought a used 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT and after the first day I noticed a loud deep grumbling vibration that sounds like a diesel truck or sub woofers and at first I thought it was someone elses vehicle but turns out it was mine! Now I notice it almost every time I drive, sometimes worse than others.

Mostly when I'm driving at lower speeds and slowing down slowly, taking my foot off the petal and lightly pressing the gas. It's an unpleasant rumbling like an after market exhaust or something or as if the gears aren't changing properly. Another time I heard it was when I was merging onto the 401 and it dropped into a gear and sounded horribly odd. It is very annoying and hurts my ear drums. Dealer says Skyactive engine is noisier than other engines but I don't believe for a second this is normal.

At first I thought something was wrong with the exhaust but now I'm thinking engine transmission problem.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any suggestions?

- Danielle E., LONDON, ON, Canada