8.0

$5,000

Most common solutions:

1. replace engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mazda CX-9:

Nov 052017

CX-9 Leather V6

A week after we got our car back from the dealer for a warranty repair (see next complaint), there was a puddle under the car, which looked like coolant. Our local mechanic could not find a leak. After some extensive searching, he found that coolant and water had mixed with the oil and that the engine needed to be replaced.

I had the car towed to the mazda dealer. They came up with the same diagnosis. The problem was caused by a failed headgasket and timing cover. Cost for new engine: $10000!!! On a car with less than 70000 miles that was purchased brand new!!!

After two weeks of calling Mazda customer service, the dealer said mazda denied covering the repair because of the expired warranty and because the oil changes were not performed by the dealership.

I have been trying to dispute this with Mazda, but have not been able to get one return phone call. I am beyond frustrated with the apparent low quality of the parts used in my car and the lack of concern and customer service from mazda.

- Katrin W., Gardnerville, US