Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mitsubishi Montero:

Nov 222017

Takata recall I have problem with my security alarm system it goes off for no reason and also the horn when the weather drops cold the horn going off continuously my mechanic change the horn relay more than 3 times but the issue still the same. I don¿T understand these two issues are connected or not but I need help.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Apr 152009

I also own a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero ltd. I have owned it for 6 years and have had to replace the brakes 6 times. I drive up and down the southern ca mountains, and have experienced the same same shaking a shimming as I have heard other owners express. The brakes continually wear with black "dust" around the wheels, and make the grinding and groaning sounds as well. I have not attempted to contact Mitsubishi regarding this problem, but however, am realizing that it has become a real issue, and continues to cost upwards of $600 each time I have to replace the brakes. Any assistance regarding the brakes would be greatly appreciated.

- Big Bear Lake, CA, USA