Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV:

Jan 022019

Outlander PHEV

The charger supplied by Mitsubishi melted during normal charging. Mitsubishi has stated that the cord is not defective and will not cover the cost of replacement nor are they interested on the possibility of an electrical fire caused by the loose plug terminal and hot spot.

- Manchester, PA, USA

Oct 212018

Outlander PHEV

Parked on a 25% graded pointing down hill, when I tried to start the outlander, the screen produced a rbs error. The gas based engine would not start. The ev motors seemed to come on with very little power. When I called mitsubisi to tow the car they said, ouote"that doesn't normally start this soon", this tells me they know there is a problem. My phev has been in the shop since Monday, I'm being told they reset the check engine light error and they don't see a problem. This is not a fix. I took pictures after I restarted it the third time. The one thing that remained was the driving range for both gas and ev only had dashes, they should show how many miles are avaliable for ev and gas.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA