5.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Altima:

Sep 122019

Altima

2018 Nissan Altima has a defective push start and braking system. Unable to start car with push start because it feels as if the brakes are stuck. Have to continously pump the break in a effort to get the brake to release in order to start the car. There is also an issue with the front radar sensors. I while in motion I randomly receive an audible alert and warning message saying that the front radar is unavailable due to obstruction yet there would nothing in front of the car.

- Spring, TX, USA

Aug 012019

Altima

2018 Nissan Altima has a defective push start and braking system. The car will not start with the push start and brake pedal. I was parked and when I got in the car the push start would not work.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

May 102018

Altima

During random driving the forward collision sensor comes on stating that forward collision is unavailable. Sometimes the sensor will go off 1-2 times or up to 6 times in one day. This sensor controls the (aeb) automatic emergency braking. Nissan has acknowledged this issue in several cars but no recall has been issued. This vehicle is my work vehicle and my personal Nissan pathfinder has already had the part replaced with less than 10,000 miles. Currently my vehicle is out of warranty and they want $1700 for repair of faulty safety parts. Iżve been driving in perfectly sunny days, on bumpy back alley, just driving on the highways and the sensor goes off. I believe that this issue is more widespread than they acknowledge. Our fleet of company cars are experiencing the same problem with the rogue, Altima.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Mar 192019

Altima

While attempting to proceed after a stop sign warning lights came on dash including the battery light. I put on my hazard lights. When I pressed the gas the car made no acceleration noise and did not move. The car was in drive. I made several attempts to move forward, but the lights remained and the car did not move. I had a full tank if gas and a recent oil change. I then put the car in park, and used my push button to turn off the car. I waited a few seconds and restarted the car. It did start and I was able to accelerate normally. I was on a side street and had been driving approximately 2 minutes.

- Wallkill, Ny, NY, USA

Jun 152018

Altima

I purchased a new 2018 Nissan, the front end collision sensor is alarming and has ever since the car was new. I have taken it to two different dealers and they have referred me to Nissan and say that I should wait for the recall. I think this is unacceptable as my car is not safe with the front end collision not working properly. Please help me fix this problem. As I am driving down the road, the sensor alarms and says it is not working when there is nothing in front of my vehicle. I had one dealer tell me it was picking up the sun......please help.

- Louisville, KY, USA