Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Nissan Maxima:

Jul 062019

Maxima

After numerous visits to the Nissan dealership without getting answers and clearly explaining that my car is experiencing cvt judder and vibrations. I have been experiencing the vibrations as told to Nissan for awhile but I don't think they wanted to replace my cvt transmission since it was still under warranty so I was told the noise and vibrations were normal cvt chatter. I am now past my extended warranty and the judder and vibrations have only gotten worse. The 2017 Maxima needs to be added to the volantary service bulletins like the 2016 due to all the complaints its currently already receiving. My Maxima now has 112,000K miles but I have been seeing the symptoms since around 70K-80K miles to only be told time and time again its normal with a possible $3,700 transmission bill awaiting me for a car that has only been driven on the highway less than 3 years. Nissan has shown that their cvt transmissions are extremely unreliable.

- Cookeville, TN, USA

Nov 132017

Maxima

On 11/13/2017 I used the automatic starter to start my car from inside the house and my car rolled back into my neighbor's SUV while still in park. When I went outside after hearing the sound of my car hitting the truck I got into my car and had to put it in drive to move the car back into my park. My car was park outside of my house at 14109 carmody pl woodbridge va 22193.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA