Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

Feb 212019

Murano

The driver seat of my Murano move back when I press the gas and when I press the brake it moves forward and pushes me up the guy I bought my car from told me that most of the Muranos had recalls on their seat bc of this reason. It messes me up when brake and pressing gas bc IżM moving.

- Lancaster, SC, USA

Dec 132018

Murano

Driver seat collapsed on rear while driving. The base frame is a square that has a horizontal bar on the back and that broke on the left rear side that resulted in dipping on that side when seated and driving. This is unsafe !! no reason any metal that should have been welded should brake off

- Irving, TX, USA

Aug 122018

Murano

Driver seat bottom frame broken as described by https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/66-problems/1548-driver-S-seat-11.html on highway, causing driver to bend during a steering to right side/forward.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Mar 272018

Murano

The Nissan Murano driver seat bracket has cracked like every other person on this list has stated while my daughter was driving to and from work which she drives daily only 14 miles round trip. She goes between 30-45 miles per hour and while this crack occurred she was going about 35on a city street, she didn't loose control but the car did veer off to the side as who would expect your seat to partially collapse. Thank goodness the road was empty and she has no traffic to combat with. The NHTSA should care of the chance of death or accident from occurring not just what has happened, the complaints have been stated as being high by the NHTSA. Clearly Nissan usa should be liable if there are so many complaints that it is clear they have used a faulty part. A recall should be issued and protection for the consumers who have invested or chosen these car should be a priority not protection of big business. This is a component that shouldn't break if a properly constructed bracket was used. Having had 7 cars over my life from ranging in age from 20 years old to brand new none of them have ever had this issue and I am appalled that no one, not Nissan or the NHTSA cares about a poorly constructed product that is not what the consumer paid for and could lead to potential injury. I guess some more people have to get hurt or die for the NHTSA to care, quite sad when you look at it this way.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Jan 042018

Murano

Drivers side seat is loose and started to dip towards the left. The seat is broken. I looked online and can see this is a recurring problem. Also the panel where you can push to lock AWD or put on the seat warmers has sunk into the panel.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jun 152017

Murano

Complaint: Drivers seat rear bracket snapped off making the seat sway from side to side, unable to drive when cornering, was driving on rt 81 at 70mph had to find the nearest exit to stop, now driving with 3 2X4S under the rear seat to stop the sway.

- Hinsdale, MA, USA

Apr 012017

Murano

My seat is loose due to failure of the 8 way adjustable control that is a major safety issue and that was repaired by Nissan 2 time ones when the car was 2 years old and recently I paid to have it repaired. Now I have the same issue and the dealer indicated that they now have a better control at 2 times the cost.

- Lexington Park+, MD, USA

Jun 062012

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the driver's seat frame detached and leaned towards the driver side door. The contact placed a stack of bricks to keep the seat steady. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. In addition, the power steering line detached and leaked fluid. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the power steering line needed to be replaced. The technician clamped the power steering line; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Hanna City, IL, USA

Jan 012017

Murano

Driver's seat bracket is broken so the seat is slanted and wobbles.

- Bristol, TN, USA

Aug 012016

Murano

I bought my son an 2005 Nissan Murano last year. Just recently his drivers seat track has broken in the farthest back position it can go. It is now a safety concern for me to drive. I can not reach the gas pedal and brake safely. I did some research and found that many many people have had the same problem and that Nissan would not fix it because their were no injuries as of yet.... injuries or not this is a defective product and they should make it right !! I contacted Nissan directly and just like everyone else they will not do anything about it. I am a single mom still paying on this car I can't afford $1,000 to replace the seat. Why can't someone make this company do the ethical thing and replace the broken part"???? we work hard for our money and there should be someone out there to protect the consumer not the major corporations ! what has happened to this country " there is no integrity anymore just greed. I for one will tell everyone I know how Nissan handled this as well as I will never never buy Nissan again. Toyota ahd Honda will always get my business because they stand behind their product. I drive a Honda and even though my vehicle was out of warranty I had a piston seal issue in my motor and they fixed it free of charge and made it like new again. Thanks for nothing Nissan you suck !! my son was getting into the car, sat in the seat and all of a sudden he felt the left side of the seat drop down. It will not move forward or backward only slightly sideways. It is now useless to me being I am only 5'5 my son is 6'2 and only 148lbs. It was not from his weight, it is from a faulty metal.

- Cumming, GA, USA

May 092016

Murano

Driver seat is broken it is being supported now with 3 bricks. It broke as I was making a right turn and I temporary lost control of the vehicle.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 142016

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. While driving 35 mph, the front driver side seat bracket fractured and caused the contact to veer to the left. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the seat bracket needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 174,000.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Feb 012016

Murano

The drivers seat mounting bracket failed and the seat fell. Apparently this has happened to others on this model year? I believe this is a safety concern as a driver could lose control if the bracket snaps like mine did. Luckily mine was stationary when it snapped.

- Madelia, MN, USA

Feb 222014

Murano

During normal use the driver's seat broke loose from the seat rail. I was very lucky that this occurred when I went to get into the vehicle while in my garage and not while I was driving or during a crash. Upon inspection the trip steel hollowed out plate connecting the seat to the rail broke. I am a mechanical engineer and the design of this part was clearly not strong enough to survive a crash. Instead of being a solid piece of thick steel it was hollowed out and the thin strips left to attach the seat to the rail were not strong enough to withstand normal use much less the force caused by a crash. The redesigned replacement part was a much stronger solid piece of metal.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Jan 152016

Murano

I have a broken seat track that when I stop it put me in to the steering wheel. This is the 2nd time this has happened it was replaced on August 19 2011 and Nissan payed $500 toward the replacement and now it has broken again. This is a very unsafe common problem with this car as seen on the Nissan message boards.

- Proctorville, OH, USA

Jan 022016

Murano

While driving my vehicle on January 2,2016 I heard a loud noise from my seat and then a sudden drop in the rear drivers side seat. Upon pulling over I noticed that the seat was unattached on the rear left side. I took it to my repair shop, they removed the seat to find that the bracket was completely sheared off. I was told that they have never seen anything like that before. He called the Nissan dealership and he was informed that there was tsb's on the drivers seat but no recall stating that there were no serious accidents as a result of this defect but that was all and was told that we could buy the parts from them but that it was all on me to pay to have it repaired

- Middletown, RI, USA

Nov 032015

Murano

The front bracket of the driver seat seems to have broke and the seat lifts to the side while I'm driving. It also lifts a little while I get in the car. Same problem documented here www.nissanmurano.org/forums/66-problems/1548-driver-S-seat-30.html

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Oct 212015

Murano

Driver seat back left bracket connected to the frame is broken. My driver seat now sways back and forth while driving and is very uncomfortable on my back. It is a serious safety hazard while driving. This a very common problem that Nissan should fix by ensuring a recall for their costumers.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Dec 162014

Murano

While boarding my car driver seat broke and also the damage triggered the air bag light to pop since the driver seat is linked to air bag.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Jan 152015

Murano 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Nissan Murano S with just 65,000 miles on it. The driver's seat broke; I think it is something at the left rear of the seat. After looking on line, I found that there is a problem with a part called the lifter bracket. It would appear that there are hundreds of people out there with this problem. Apparently Nissan is aware of this problem because they manufacture a part for this repair at a very high cost to the consumer not to mention the labor cost to do the repair. This has been an apparent problem for years without any recall by Nissan. My sister also has a 2005 Nissan Murano as well and her driver's seat broke a few years ago; they put a brick under it to stop the rocking! the seat rocks to the right when you go around a corner and god forbid what could happen if an accident were to occur. Is there anything your Agency can do to cause Nissan to issue a recall on the driver's seat?

- Buckley, WA, USA