Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Rogue:

Apr 012019

Rogue

The door lock system makes a loud noise when locking at about fifteen miles per hour and also makes this startling noise when I lock it with the key fob after I park the vehicle.

- Country Club Hills, IL, USA

May 292019

Rogue

I was accelerating to merge onto an expressway today, and my acceleration cut out in my vehicle. My vehicle lost all acceleration and coasted to idle speed. I was luckily able to move off the expressway at idle speed, but I may have not been so lucky in another scenario. I also noticed that my brake lights stay on sometimes when the car is off or the pedal is not pressed. The car seems to think the brakes are engaged and will not allow any acceleration. I found this tsb for my vehicle that describes the exact issue I am facing. However, the tsb is inaccurate. It states there is "low power" when accelerating. There is actually "no power." The car does not accelerate at all when this issue is encountered but will coast to idle speed. This issue puts the driver's life at risk, as well as others on the road, and should result in a full recall before people die. This complaint is in regards to the classification and inaccuracy of the following tsb, which should be classified as recall and corrected to reflect the vehicle losing all acceleration. NHTSA id number: 10075096 manufacturer communication number: Ntb15-113

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Jan 072019

Rogue

The 2013 Nissan Rogue was stationary in a parking lot and caught on fire a few minutes after the engine was turned off. The vehicle only had about 77,000 miles on it when this happened. The vehicle was looked at by an engineering company and suggested that the fire was caused in the engine area.

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Dec 042018

Rogue

My car engine light came on and the light made like a car with tire tracks behind it and got it tow because it wouldn't crank, and had a diagnostic test and it showed a problem with ECM

- Midfield, AL, USA

Aug 012016

Rogue

Car won't turn on randomly. We have replaced the battery five times. Each time the car randomly stops working every few thousand miles. The car will take ten or eleven tries to start. This is extremely dangerous. If for any reason we ever needed to leave the car cannot start quickly. It happens randomly, not all the time (sometimes it starts fine after one turn, the next time it could take five minutes to finally start, then go back to fine). No one has been able to tell us what is the cause of this defect.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 052017

Rogue

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the "check steering lock" message appeared and a chime was heard after turning the ignition to shut off the vehicle. The contact had not experienced the steering wheel locking upon turning off or restarting the vehicle. An independent mechanic stated that there was no steering lock function. The dealer (modern Nissan of winston salem, 5795 university pkwy, winston-salem, nc 27105, (336) 767-8260) inspected the vehicle, but did not provide a diagnosis. The dealer stated that there was no steering lock function; therefore, they were unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Feb 242018

Rogue

I started my car one day and started to smell something burning. I saw no smoke and immediately shut the car off. I went into my home and got my husband to come and check the car. He started it up and the burning smell continued. Again, we immediately shut the car off. My Rogue was parked in my driveway and this was the first time that day I went to use my car. My husband advised to leave the car alone and take his truck. The next day we went out to check onto the car and it started right up with no burning smell but my "check engine" and "ABS" lights stayed on. I had to contact Nissan corporation twice just to get someone to return my calls. I had to file a complaint with my nys attorney general's office to get Nissan's attention only to receive a letter telling my my particular vehicle was not under recall and they wouldn't help. How can an electrical problem when something obviously burned not be their responsibility? I have had my car regularly serviced at my local Nissan dealer and have less than 60000 miles. The car still sits unusable in my driveway.

- Poland, NY, USA

Apr 282018

Rogue

Beginning in November of 2017, acceleration began to have issues. When accelerating, the car would drag and hesitate before fully dropping into gear. All other components worked fine. I would allow the car to heat up 10-15 minutes in the morning and that did not help. Shortly after, each time I step on the gas, the engine revs tremendously despite the slightest acceleration. The pin will not move then move quickly causing a grinding/buzzing sound between 2K & 3K before feeling like it drops I tom gear, even at 15-25mph. This problem continues, but the cause can no to be diagnosed. In January of 2018, the warning lights on the dashboard came on and the car lost acceleration. Upon taking it to the mechanic, I was told everything tested fine, the software simply needed to be reset. After resetting, the light has not returned, but the acceleration issue has not changed. In March of 2018 after experiencing another abrupt slow-down on a side street, I parked the car and smelled a burning of some type of fluid upon getting out of the car. Once the initial smell dispersed, no sign of damage, leaking, or other issue was present. In April of 2018, no further acceleration issues have occurred, but the warning lights again came on. Again, nothing was diagnosed, it was said there was some type of software issue and simply needed to be reset again. Shortly after, the ac unit completely stopped working. I turned off the car, restarted and the system came back on, but no matter what blows out hot air which is hotter often than if the heat is turned on full blast. The car has been well maintained and undergone regularly schedule maintenance and has 84K miles. My mechanic ran the VIN and there's were no open recalls, however, the car was just diagnosed with an ┐electrical issue.┐

- Ocean Gate, NJ, USA

Mar 202018

Rogue

Lift gate rusted around the emblems and tail lights within one year - they replaced it. Less than 8 months later it started rusting again - they replaced it. Is now rusting again and they will not do anything. Blows heat through the vents when all controls are off and temperature is set to the coolest setting. Latest issue is I was driving my kids home at night and when I tried to accelerate from a stop light the vehicle only moved slowly at the RPM went above 4,000 almost causing me to get rear ended. Eventually I could get to 50 mph but anything over that and the RPM's would race over 4,000. Took it to the dealership and am being told the transmission is shot and it will cost $3,500 and I only have 95,000 miles on it!

- Waterford, WI, USA

Feb 262018

Rogue

Turning out on road vehicle lost acceleration and then lost all acceleration. No warning, no engine light. Pushed back to house and towed to Nissan. Cvt transmission was the problem and spent roughly 200 to tow and second diagnostic which Nissan wanted to do. Total quote $4460. It concerns me that there was no prior warning to this. Just went out with the whole family in car.

- Barnesville, GA, USA

Jan 232015

Rogue

On January 23, 2015 there was a recall of my vehicle. I was not notified by my dealer of the recall. I just saw it today when checking my credit karma account. My Nissan dealership should have inspected the kick panel wiring harness connector on my car for damage. If no damage was detected, my vehicle was supposed to receive a waterproof seal for the harness. If damage was found, the dealer was to install a new harness connector and the waterproof seal.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Dec 112017

Rogue

At approximately 6:30am, I woke up to my vehicle alarm sounding. The vehicle did not respond to the remote when I attempted to shut it off. I went to check what was the problem as the vehicle was parked in the driveway. The vehicle was on fire. Fdny was called to put out the fire.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Sep 042017

Rogue

Out of no where my driver door stopped responding to the button on the key or open switch inside. In order to properly lock or unlock my car I must manually insert the key. This happened out of no where. At first I though the batter died on the key so I replaced it and nothing.

- Passaic, NJ, USA

Oct 312014

Rogue

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Rogue. While the vehicle was in park, the steering wheel locked up and the ignition key did not work. The contact stated that the "not detecting the key" warning indicator illuminated. The failure recurred several times, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 25,000.

- Mountainview, MS, USA

Sep 202016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shift and an abnormal noise was heard. In addition, the vehicle decelerated and experienced a lack of acceleration. The brake and battery warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was placed into neutral, driven to the contact's residence, and lost power. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V032000 (electrical system). The contact was not notified until after the failure occurred. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Arundel, ME, USA

Aug 012015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the front driver's and front passenger's side doors unlock and lock without warning. The contact stated that the rear hatch failed to unlock. The contact mentioned that the failures progressed during rain weather. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V032000 (electrical system) and that if corrosion was found on the driver side floor near the harness connector that it could be causing the failure for the locks/linkages. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38,900.

- Bridgeport, OH, USA

Apr 102016

Rogue

2013 Nissan Rogue caught on fire less than 10 minutes after it was parked in driveway, after a short trip running errands. Vehicle was not running when fire began. Initially, smoke began to escape from under hood then quickly caught on fire. Entire front end of vehicle burned before fire was extinguished.

- Royse City, TX, USA

Feb 012016

Rogue 4-cyl

2013 Nissan Rogue. Consumer writes in regards to wiring harness connector recall notice and right rear axle repairs. Also, there was a noise coming from the right side of the vehicle. The dealer replaced the right rear axle. However, the noise continued.

- Zanesville, OH, USA

May 192015

Rogue

Per NHTSA recall 15V-032: We took our vehicle in to our Nissan dealer - Continental Nissan, anchorage, Alaska to have this recall addressed. This was done last month. At that time they said they did not have the waterproof seal required to fix an undamaged piece, nor harnesses to fix a problem piece. At that time, they said they "checked it out" but would call us back as soon as parts arrived. They have our information, but in over four weeks have yet to contact us. Since this is a safety recall, parts should have been expedited for our vehicle (as well as others) and we should have been contacted quickly to resolve this issue. Since this has not been done and we were brushed off with the initial contact, I am filing this complaint as Nissan --- and this dealer are not complying with the notice.

- Anchorage , AK, USA