Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Nissan Rogue:

Aug 272019

Rogue

On Tuesday, Aug. 27, I drove my Rogue from my job at the times-tribune newspaper in scranton, pa on interstate 84 East to visit my brother in brewster N.Y. after I exited the interstate and headed toward my brother's house, my Rogue just stopped while I was driving. The stop was short, and luckily the car behind me was not that close. My Rogue then continued to drive. There was nothing in front of me or on the sides to cause the automatic emergency braking to activate like this. I was driving straight on a city road. I did cross railroad tracks and it happened right after that.. at the time, I didn't know what to think. I thought maybe there was some kind of electrical issue. I didn't bring it in because it drove fine after that and didn't recur. Since then, my Rogue has driven normally. It wasn't until yesterday when I saw all the articles about other people complaining about their Rogue's automatic emergency braking stopping - just like mine did - that I realized this is what happened to me in my Rogue. I am scared that this is going to happen again while I'm driving my car and cause me to get in an accident. I have no other mode of transportation and must get to work. My daily commute is 45 minutes to an hour each way. I do not know what to do about this issue. I cannot find any information about how to get this fixed, and frankly, I cannot afford an expensive repair on something that should not be happening. I also cannot afford to get a rental car while my Rogue gets fixed.

- Hawley, PA, USA

Sep 182019

Rogue

TL- the contact was renting a 2017 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving at 55 mph, the auto break engaged with no object in front the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic for a diagnostic test or repairs. The manufacture was not made aware of the failure. The VIN number was not available. The failure mileage was 23,262.

- Denver, CO, USA

Sep 132019

Rogue

Emergency braking system activated on the freeway at 40 mph with no obstacle to trigger it. Vehicle ahead of me was at least 4 car lengths ahead. I brought it to the dealer who said it was a known calibration issue and repaired free of charge.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 132019

Rogue

Brakes suddenly turned on for no reason. Screen behind steering wheel indicated something about the front brake radar being activated. I was driving at 45 on a 45 mph road when it went off. Steering wheel shook. An unexpected event like this could of created an accident with the on coming traffic. Called dealer to figure out how to cut the wires on this defective product. Just got something in mail about a recall yesterday, a little too late!

- Hilton, NY, USA

Aug 192019

Rogue

On 4 different occasions within less than 60 days, my 2017 Nissan Rogue has tried to "stop" on its own while I have been driving for no reason. There is nothing in front of me on the sides of me or close behind me when it occurs. It has varied in the speeds I have been driving, it hasn't happened during one specific speed. When it occurs, it beeps multiple times and I can hear my brakes locking up for a split second and then it stops. The first time it happened, I was going around 30 mph in town (thankfully I wasn't on the interstate) and I truly thought my car had come to a complete stop or died right there in the road. Each time my car messes up, it always makes the same noise, makes the same 3-4 beeps and then tries to lock up. I took it to my local Nissan store in jackson, ms and they informed me that nothing was wrong with my car- but my gut just says other wise. It scares me to think that this might happen on the interstate, at a much higher speed, with my family in the car with me. Please help!

- Ridgeland, MS, USA

Sep 092019

Rogue

I was driving though an intersection with no obstructions in front of me & my automatic emergency braking engaged for no reason. The chime sounded, the car stopped instantaneously & a malfunction screen came up on my dashboard. I was lucky there wasn't anyone behind me or I would have gotten rear ended. I have spoken to the dealership & have made an appointment, but I am told that there is no recall regarding this issue & I will have to pay to have it diagnosed & fixed. I am baffled that something that could cause serious harm to drivers hasn't been recalled or addressed. I drive the Pennsylvania turnpike everyday to work which has a 70 mph speed limit & I can tell you, I do not feel safe knowing that this could happen at that speed with many cars around me. I really hope to see this issue be listed as a recall in the very near future!

- Cheswick, PA, USA

Sep 032019

Rogue

Driving on interstate about 10 mph. Car suddenly makes this loud noise and shuts off. It did restart and I didn't lose electrical as I was on blue tooth call but if happened when I was going faster this would have been a catastrophe!. this is the second time though. The first time I was in parking lot and I thought I did something as it was a new car. I was not touching anything but steering wheel and lightly touching brake as I was in traffic but there was quite some room between me and the car ahead.

- Katy, TX, USA

Aug 162019

Rogue

On August 16, 2019, while driving under a toll both on a turnpike, the automatic emergency breaking system engaged (flashing lights, warning beeps and a grinding noise) while I was driving about 30 to 40 mph, causing the car to stall and forcibly jerk. This almost caused me to collide against the toll booth. There was no obstruction ahead. This had already happened 2 other times and the dealership could not find anything wrong with it. I took it immediately after it happened the third time and the dealership acknowledged that they had a technical service bulletin (tsb) and reprogrammed the sensors. On their notes, they wrote "reprogram icc and adas control units (warranty) (applicable tsb)". I have driven under a toll booth after and have not experienced anything similar, however, this should have been a recall as this almost caused an accident. My Rogue only has a little over 20,000 miles on it.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Aug 162019

Rogue

I was driving and the car made a loud beeping noise and stopped on it's own. It breaked and I had no control over the breaks or acceleration. The emergency break system went off. A light came on on the dashboard that said ┐malfunction! check owner's manual.┐ (see pic). It was really scary. I had my 2 year old daughter in the car. I can┐T imagine what would have happened if I were on the highway with a truck behind me! this is a known issue and I know it's being investigated, but this needs to go away. This is so so unsafe!

- Beacon, NY, USA

Jun 282019

Rogue

I was driving up a ramp in a parking garage, nothing in front of me or in my cross way, the vehicle slammed on it's brakes by itself. Thankfully I was not driving fast and the car behind me was able to also slam on their brakes to avoid hitting me. I've driven this parking garage numerous times over the almost 2 years of owing this vehicle without this happening before. My dealership (mcgrath Nissan in elgin, Illinois) told me this was normal and I should only be concerned if it happens on an open road. This is a safety issue in my opinion and should not be shrugged off by Nissan.

- Huntley, IL, USA

Jul 182019

Rogue

Reference total brake failure; 8 issues already reported to NHTSA on the Nissan Rogue, involving 8 wrecks, 5 injuries, guess they are waiting for someone to be killed before addressing the situation. I was West bound I-76 out of denver co in my 2017 Nissan rouge, when we came upon an accident scene in the extreme left lane next to the East/West concrete lane divider, I slowed down with the rest of the traffic as we attempted to merge into the right lane to get around the accident, traffic was moving at about 10-15 mph or slower, as I looked at the right lane for space to merge, a car in the right lane jumped in fornt of me into the lane the accident was in, that lane was stopped, he then slammed on his brakes, I had about15-20 feet between us, I hit my brakes hard, the pedal went all the way to the floor, no brakes. I told wife to hang on we then hit his car coming in contact with his bumper hitch which stuck out about 10 inches.I was standing on the brake so hard my leg cramped up! we both got our of our cars, he saw no damage to his, got back in and left the scene as the lane had then started moving again, as we were past the accident. Actually the vehicles involved in the accident we were avoiding had been moved to the left safety lane but one a pickup was protruding into left lane of traffic causing us to have to merger to the right to pass, but still stay in basic left lane, that was when he made move in front of me..have been driving 64 years, 40 professionally, never had a charge accident. Now have one due to failure of the brakes on 2 year old car with 25,000 miles on it.. not the first time for Nissan as stated above, are they waiting for people to get killed before they address a major safety issue? at the least a vehicle check should be issued to Nissan! we needed to rent a car from enterprise to finish our trip, over $4500 damage to the vehicle.

- Sebring, FL, USA

Jun 142019

Rogue

The automatic braking system deploys at random resulting in near rear end collisions. The car has braked forcibly when driving over speed bumps, metal plates on the road, and railroad tracks. The dealer service department won't replace the detection system saying that can't "recreate" the problem. It can't be disabled permanently. Please insist on a recall. This is so dangerous! owners should be warned to turn it off manually every time they enter their cars.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Jul 252019

Rogue

I was pulling into a driveway in the city, and then aeb started to beep and then suddenly stopped the car (the brakes made a grinding noise, they stopped that hard). There was no obstruction in front of the sensor, and I was already applying the brake and going less than 10 mph.

- Fond Du Lac, WI, USA

Jul 222019

Rogue

My car suddenly braked on its own while traveling at 40 miles per hour without a car or object in front of my car.

- Temple City, CA, USA

Jun 262019

Rogue

The Feb system would brake my car randomly, especially in parking garages. I would be in an open lane with no cars in front of me. It's concerning when there are cars behind me. I got the system updated at my last service appointment, it does seem to happen less, but it still occurred once since then. However, this shouldn┐T occur at all.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Jul 092018

Rogue

In early 2018 the emergency braking system has twice fully engaged bringing the vehicle to a stop when no apparent obstruction or vehicle was observed. Fortunately both times nobody was behind me. The 1st incident occurred on a city surface street at night. Upon returning the next day I saw metal plates placed in the roadway at same location for construction purposes. At the time I suspected the plates caused the emergency braking system to trigger unexpectedly. A several weeks/months later the system again fully triggered when crossing a railroad track on a city surface street. I assumed something on the crossing triggered the radar, although have crossed many times since without incident. Both times the braking system engaged there was little to no warning it was about to, just very rapid beeping and immediate brake engagement. I have also had multiple instances where the radar begins to trigger apparently due to fence posts or similar items along roads, but does not engage the brake. I have also had messages the collision sensor has turned itself off only to turn itself back on several hours later or after the car has been shut down and restarted. The emergency braking system should be fixed as the sudden stop should you be in traffic could easily result in an accident and may even cause whiplash among pssengers if traveling at a high rate of speed.

- Squaw Valley, CA, USA

Jun 222019

Rogue

At 8000 miles, I had to have the right front strut replaced, and now I have 23,000 miles on it and I am going on my 4th strut, right front. A popping clicking noise when I turn or back up. Driving a 4 hr trip, while driving about 3 hrs, the air conditioning froze up and stopped working. I could hear the fan on full blast but nothing was coming out. I turned it off for 20 minutes and then it came back on with cool air. It is in the shop now for a heater/cooler box and the 4th strut replacement.

- Franklinville, NC, USA

Jun 172019

Rogue

While driving about 35 miles an hour on an empty city street the emergency breaking system kicked in and the tires screeched out of nowhere.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Oct 242018

Rogue

Brake warning light comes on dashboard and makes beeping sound when brake is not on, while I'm driving. Its been leaking under the dashboard by the foot pedals, almost every time we get a good rain shower in Florida. When I get in after a rain and drive, it plus in on my feet or the passenger side.I asked them to check it and they said my windshield is the problem I should take it to my insurance to deal with. The car is extra loud even when window are altho way up. Headlights are very weak, you can barely see them on the road at night.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Feb 132019

Rogue

While driving at highway speed, the aeb activated for no apparent reason. After receiving a postcard notification from Nissan for a "service" issue a few weeks later, we had the vehicle serviced. Unfortunately, even after the service, the aeb has activated 2 more times. The vehicle was moving at a very slow speed in a church parking lot. A phone call to Nissan stated we should bring the vehicle to the dealer to again have it serviced at the prevailing rate. The vehicle is 500 miles over the warranty so there would be a charge.

- Fayetteville, TN, USA