Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Versa:

Jul 012019

Versa

The airbag light just came ion while driving

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Dec 142018

Versa

Nissan infiniti class action settlement takata airbag

- Falling Waters, WV, USA

Nov 262018

Versa

While driving home from work a deer ran in front of my vehicle and at 62 mph on a highway my car collided with a deer. As you will see the damage done to my car the car is a possible totaled vehicle. My concern was my air bags did not deploy on this kind of impact. I was told by Nissan they are not made to deploy upon impact buy only by the deceleration of my car. This does not seem to be accurate to me in the fact that it was over a 200 pound animal and my engine was pushed back into the firewall, lost my breaks in the road, and as you can see there is a lot of damage done to the care. I called Nissan to express my concern of this and they said it is normal and the air bags would have caused more damage to me then the impact. I feel they are blowing off something that could be a safety issue in this car.

- Doniphan, MO, USA

Aug 202018

Versa

The problem I have encountered is a flashing airbag light with a vehicle having less than 31000 miles and just out of factory warranty as of March 2018. Also, the passenger seat airbag light stays on even when occupied by an adult. I contacted the dealer and I was informed there were no recalls for my vehicle. I conducted a search and found numerous other Nissan vehicles had the same issues (occupant system) but mine is not listed. My vehicle has not been involved in any event which would have caused this since I have owned the vehicle. The listed date and milage is approximate of when I noticed the issue.

- Euless, TX, USA

Jun 242018

Versa 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Versa. After making a left turn, the contact's vehicle was rear ended by another vehicle. The driver sustained neck and shoulder pains and torn ligaments. The front passenger sustained whiplash and neck pains, which required medical attention. A child passenger in the rear sustained minor bruising and the second child experienced bruising from the seat moving during the crash, which impacted the child's feet for eight days. The child also received medical attention. None of the air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed by a dealer. The vehicle was towed and the body damages were repaired by the insurance company. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was not available.

- Anniston, AL, USA

Jul 062018

Versa 4-cyl

I was driving on the interstate. Traffic was slowing down, I took my foot off accelerator to slow with traffic ahead of me. The car infront of me stopped abruptly and my car wouldn't stop. My brake pedal wa all the way to the floor. Car didn't stop till I hit another car. Air bags didn't deploy and my seat belt didn't lock. Resulted in left hand injury and chest hitting steering wheel( bruised chest). Consumer stated car was destroyed.

- Redding, CA, USA

Dec 052017

Takata recall

- Monessen, PA, USA

Oct 132016

Versa

Passenger air bag light goes on sometimes when passenger is in the seat. It should be off indicates passenger air bag will not work. It goes off after 2-3 miles it has been happening on and off for a year

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

May 052017

Versa

Takata inflators, flashing red light, looks like passenger airbag problem. When I start vehicle light comes on, is not solid, bleeps all the time.

- Park Forest, IL, USA

Jul 112017

Versa

The airbags did not deploy after large truck rear ended 2015' Nissan Versa knocking auto very hard into car in front of it a stop light causing severe injury.

- Portcharlotte, FL, USA

Mar 042017

Versa

The automobile was hit very hard on the drivers side door. The door caved in almost to the steering wheel. Air bags did not deploy as expected. The automobile was so severely damages that it was declared a total loss. The vehicle was traveling at freeway speed (65 to 70 mph).

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Feb 172017

Versa

Recall 15V-507..... I was in a car accident on the freeway about 2 weeks ago because my car wouldn't stop and I ran into the back of someone trying to stop and now insurance is saying I'm 100% at fault. We were going 65 mph and the air bag lights came on but no air bags came out. My car is totaled and my moneyis wasted!!!!

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Jul 222016

Versa

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Versa. Another vehicle crashed into the rear driver's side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The passenger side seat belt failed to restrain the passenger. A police report was filed. The driver sustained a torn muscle injury on the right shoulder and the passenger sustained a mild concussion. Both occupants required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but was not diagnosed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Rincon, GA, USA

May 062016

Versa

The contact owned a 2015 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving at 55 mph, the passenger snatched the steering wheel from the driver's hand which caused the vehicle to crash into a guard rail. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact sustained a fractured nose which required medical attention. The passenger sustained two fractured teeth. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 39,999.

- Savannnah, TN, USA

Dec 112015

Versa 4-cyl

Coming to a red light failed to brake and rear ended another vehicle. You think you are going to brake, but since the accelerator pedal is to close to the right side panel of the car, wont let your foot to move it easy and your foot gets stuck to the open cut area of the trim that the Nissan experts attempted to fix the problem under recall, and there were no brake lights on the car and was witnessed....updated 01/25/16

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Jul 252015

Versa 4-cyl

Nissan Versa was struck on driver side front bumper and panel, the windshield and back glass blown out from impact. Driver window shattered, front axle broke, and front window cracked, Versa then flipped on passenger side, where it skid briefly, passenger window shattered, car came to rest and remained on its passenger side. No airbags deployed.

- Riceboro, GA, USA

Jul 272015

Versa

Front passenger air bag indicator lights up when front passenger seat is occupied by an adult, which indicates that the front adult passenger is not protected by the front passenger air bag while traveling on streets and highways at normal speeds.

- Montgomery, AL, USA