6.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Nissan Versa:

Dec 012018

Versa

At 5:30, 1 Dec 2018, driving 45 mph nothing unusual when my car just stopped moving! I had my foot flat to the ground on the gas and it was no where! I had to through my hazards on because I was on a county road and nearly got hit! I pulled over into a neighborhood and drove some more to see if it was a freak thing but it happened about 8 more times (really quickly like the engine died for 10 seconds, came back, died again; I was just jolting forward when it came back on!) it was totally and completely unsafe to drive so I had to have it towed to my Nissan dealership! it sounds exactly like what happened to the guy in charlottesville, where I am close and I would bet money it's the exact same issue they found in his car but Nissan needs to do something! I was just there 3 weeks ago for my inspection!

- Stafford, VA, USA

Nov 292018

Versa

Results of complaint # 11154861 2017 Versa sv shuts down while driving problem: "when it is cold outside the engine stalls or lose power during acceleration. Today 11/29/2018 it was 28 degrees. I warmed the car up for a few minutes because of the stalling problem. I was driving on the street for two miles when I came to a stop sign. I put on the brakes and the car shut down. The car was still in drive. There was no check engine light or warning prior to, during, or after the time the car shut down. I had to turn the ignition to the off position. Then put the car in park. Then crank the car back up to drive out the way of the cars behind me. I drove the car to the nearest Nissan dealership. They check the car. There were no codes in the computer. The dealership is going to keep the car overnight and test drive it in the morning when it is cold. I am very disappointed. I just purchased the car two months ago with 5000 miles. Today it only has 8000 miles on it and it is stalling and shutting off when I drive it. Complaint results: Today, 11/30/2018 I called the Nissan dealership to get a status on my car. They said the transmission unit failed. They are ordering me a new transmission. NHTSA please make this problem known to the public so other Nissan owners don't have to go through the problems I am going through. Thank you.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Nov 292018

Versa

When it is cold outside the engine stalls or lose power during acceleration. Today 11/29/2018 it was 28 degrees. I warmed the car up for a few minutes because of the stalling problem. I was driving on the street for two miles when I came to a stop sign. I put on the brakes and the car just shut down. The car was still in drive. There was no check engine light or warning prior to, during, or after the time the car shut down. I had to turn the ignition to the off position. Put the car in park. Then cranked the car back up to drive out the way of the cars behind me. I drove the car to the nearest Nissan dealership. They check the car. There were no codes in the computer. The dealership is going to keep the car overnight and test drive it in the morning when it is cold. I am very disappointed. I just purchased the car two months ago with 5000 miles. Today it only has 8000 miles on it and it is stalling and shutting off when I drive it.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA