Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Versa:

Sep 252018

Versa

We had leased this vehicle from hertz earlier in the day. That evening, I was driving down a hill and the vehicle's steering system had suddenly locked up. I was not able to steer and drove into a tree at a high rate of speed. My passenger and I both suffered significant bodily injuries and were taken to a hospital via ambulance.

- Danville, CA, USA

Aug 302018

Versa

I was performing a monthly inspection underneath my 2018 Nissan Versa in August 2018 to insure there was not any visible leaks. Upon my inspection I observed what appeared to be a small amount of oil located on the area where the engine meets the transmission. I brought the car to the dealership where I purchased the vehicle on 8-30-2018. Upon their inspection the service department stated it was "normal" for this area to seep / leak oil even on new cars. The service department further stated Nissan would not cover under warranty unless the oil was " hitting the ground" the oil was wiped off at this time. Over the course of the following couple of weeks I checked area several times and observed oil reappearing. Each time I wiped the oil off, it continues to seep/ leak or reappear a couple of days after wiping area. I am concerned about sudden complete failure of the seal where the oil is reappearing and the potential for a fire hazard. Photo of issue attached.

- Guntersville, AL, USA

Jun 012018

Versa

My car will turn off completely while IżM driving. It is very unsafe, I purchased the car new and donżT know why it's happening. Has happened multiple times now.

- Shelbyville, TN, USA