Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Versa:

Sep 042019

Versa

I am at 27000 miles, and I've started to experience intermittent jerking of the car between 1000-2000 RPM. It's almost as though the transmission skips a beat, in some cases slightly propelling the vehicle forward. If your foot is starting to go down on the brake, there is a moment the car suddenly slows down (you take the foot off the brake slightly), then propels forward. This jerking action can cause a severe issue with stopping at a red light or about to make a turn. At the same time, you hear the rev counter abruptly jumping changing as well.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

Jan 072019

Versa

Airbags recall. I was in a side front accident and no air bags came out.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 132018

Versa

In a minor fender-bender, at around 5mp from a dead stop, the front driver bumper hit a car in front, causing a scratch to the other newer-model car. Besides the headlight, bumper, hood and fender damage, the frame holding the engine was bent, causing so much damage that the repair costs equaled the value of the car, so it was a total loss. Obviously, there is a defect in the design, materials or workmanship that led to this much damage from a common minor incident.

- Franklin, NC, USA

Oct 272018

Versa

My 2018 Nissan Versa sv does not have a backup camera. Is this supposed to be upgraded by the dealer or manufacturer" also it has a mechanical key system which I read was going to be recalled on Oct 19, 2018 due to possible failure of the mechanical key system, is it true there is a recall being issued for this problem "

- Cocoa Fl, FL, USA

Aug 302018

Versa

I was performing a monthly inspection underneath my 2018 Nissan Versa in August 2018 to insure there was not any visible leaks. Upon my inspection I observed what appeared to be a small amount of oil located on the area where the engine meets the transmission. I brought the car to the dealership where I purchased the vehicle on 8-30-2018. Upon their inspection the service department stated it was "normal" for this area to seep / leak oil even on new cars. The service department further stated Nissan would not cover under warranty unless the oil was " hitting the ground" the oil was wiped off at this time. Over the course of the following couple of weeks I checked area several times and observed oil reappearing. Each time I wiped the oil off, it continues to seep/ leak or reappear a couple of days after wiping area. I am concerned about sudden complete failure of the seal where the oil is reappearing and the potential for a fire hazard. Photo of issue attached.

- Guntersville, AL, USA