3.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette:

Mar 102008

Silhouette 6-cyl

Slowly but surely, some of my electrical systems have been failing. It first started with lights burning out repeatedly, then went to turn signals not working properly, then went to power windows functioning improperly, then the temperature/mpg/oil display stopped functioning, then I had to replace the alternator and the problems got even worse. I have also had issues with the vehicle drifting up to 3 feet backwards if on a slight incline and in drive. Please check into these issues and resolve. I am scared for my family's safety due to the increasing electrical issues. I am beginning to think this may be a fire hazard. We have tried replacing the switches for the windows, the bulbs and tail light assembly. The issues with the windows get better when the switch is replaced and then get even worse than before in no time flat. In addition to these issues we have had to replace the bearings repeatedly.

- Highland City, FL, USA

Jan 022006

Silhouette 6-cyl

Sliding door problems since purchase. Driver electric seat "repaired" several times and still does not work. Dealer repaired rear compressor and broke cover latch. They put a hole in the front bumper at this time. Passenger front window chooses not to work at random and back left side window sometimes does not close. Tape player has ate tapes since purchase. No air conditioning!

- Ridgefield, WA, USA