Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Pontiac G6:

Mar 202018

G6

I recieved an error message on my dash power steering, service ESC, and ESC off while pulling out of my driveway. I drove a few blocks and could not longer control my steering - this is a serious safety hazard reported by many, many G5, G6 and G8 owners with model years between 2005 and 2010 in particular. Why certain models/years have been recalled and not all of them is beyond me. It took everything I had to get back to my home and get the car parked safely.

- Tipton, IA, USA

Mar 162018

G6

As I was driving today with no prior dash warning my power steering completely locked up at a intersection almost causing an accident. I was able to pull over, turn off the engine and restart the car and made it home but it did lock up again. Very dangerous with no warning. I did see that this was recalled on models earlier than 2010. The vehicle was in motion at the time on a city stree coming to a intersection.

- Pawtucket, RI, USA

Mar 062018

G6

While driving the power steering light flashed and ESC light comes on and loose all power steering. Very hard to steer to get pulled over. Shut the car off and works for a bit, then flashes again and loose it again.thank goodness im a strong guy and was able to muscled it to a safe spot. There are recalls for previous years for the exact same problem but not 2010... why"?"

- Dora, MO, USA

Mar 032018

G6

When starting the car, a warning will appear in the driver information display stating a power steering failure. It also states to service ESC. When attempting to drive, the steering wheel becomes impossible to turn (since the power steering is not working) and is very dangerous around many turns, especially in roundabouts. The steering wheel shakes uncontrollably as well. This problem seems to be very similar to the recall that was declared with the 2006-2009 Pontiac G6's.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Feb 202018

G6

Power steering stopped working - on and off. 1st instance driving, 2nd when parked.

- Parker, CO, USA

Feb 082018

G6

Power steering randomly stops working while driving on the interstate and city streets, may begin to work a short time later or it may take days for it to work again. This started roughly one week ago. I have reviewed recalls and seen it only goes to 2009 models. I reviewed complaints on here and numerous 2010 owners are having the same issue.

- Farmington, MO, USA

Feb 142018

G6

While driving on hwy 54 the power steering goes out displaying a service ESC and power steering code. The car cant not be steered at that speed (55mph) around curves, there is a recall up to 2009 for this problem. Why not the 2010" obviously several owners are having problems. It went out on a curve on me yesterday and couldn't steer the car. Almost killed my son and I. we missed an oncoming truck by inches and if he would not of swerved around us we would be dead. This is very expensive to fix and I dont have the $$. I thought I was buying a reliable vehicle with my 2010 Pontiac G6. Guess I was wrong. There are hundreds of people that have this issue with the G6. Please investigate as to why it isn't. this issue is going to kill someone. We put our money into these vehicles thinking its reliable. Why hasn't GM been held responsible for this? is it going to take death of innocent people to get a recall on it?"

- Linton, IN, USA

Jan 202018

G6

Power steering has quit working

- Hartselle, AL, USA

Feb 032018

G6

Going down road ESC warning and power steering warning. Power steering went. Will not reset

- Otsego, MI, USA

Jan 312018

G6

While in motion backing out of my sisters driveway I was trying to turn the wheel to have the car go in the direction I was going in on the highway an the steering wheel would not turn either way at all then the power steering warning came on the screen on the dash. I tried to pull forward back into the driveway out of traffic and it still would not turn either way. There are recalls on 2010 Pontiac G6 for the same exact thing but not my VIN number and I don't understand why not all 2010 my car was new when I got it an it still has original parts on it so I'm not understanding the recall

- Buchanan, VA, USA

Jan 312018

Power steering fails

- Madison Heights, MI, USA

Jan 232018

G6

Has happened multiple times past two weeks. Issue typically occurs at starting of car, a couple of times while driving down highway: A chime is heard, the dashboard displays power steering, the ESC off indicator comes on, and power steering is lost. Turning off car and restarting can reset and power steering works. When power steering is working, the steering wheel shakes while at a stop, can sometimes be felt when driving, I've checked the internet and have found this is a common problem with G6's. in fact, many GM models, although the Pontiac 2010 model year is not included. It's obvious this problem is the same problem and 2010 G6's need to be included. I'm setting up an appointment with my local dealership asap.

- Medina, OH, USA

Jan 192018

G6

I have an issue with the power steering on this vehicle. I came to find out that this vehicle has electrical power steering. I was driving on a residential road when the steering wheel locked up on me. It took all the strength I had to pull over to side of road which is very dangerous and call for assistance. I was told to restart vehicle which fixed this issue for that day then happened again on another this is a major problem that needs to be addressed immediate response would be greatly appreciated.

- Danville, VA, USA

Jan 152018

G6

Going down highway about 60 mph. Steering locks up, traction control went off.barely made it over to emergency lane.. I see I'm not the only one with this problem. Also, recall up to 2009 G6 but not my 2010 Pontiac G6. This issue is very dangerous and needs to be address.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Nov 272017

G6

Over the last couple years my vehicle would indicate ┐power steering┐ service esb┐ ┐traction┐ and then the indicator would go off as oddly as it came on. I took it into dealership twice for check and they could not find any issue or recall and said to just keep driving.... now over the last two months I cannot drive without my power steering actually locking up, very difficult to navigate and the steering wheel rocks side to side when idle. I was able to remedy for about a week with simply turning the car off and back on but this no longer works and the power steering will now lock up while I am driving.

- Holmen, WI, USA

Dec 112017

G6

Power steering goes out intermittently while driving. I was on the highway and it went out. I had to stop and turn the car off, then it came back on. There was a recall for the same issue for earlier years of the G6. My mechanic said it's the same issue but no recall. I can't pay out of pocket to fix this issue and it's a huge safety concern.

- Lawton, MI, USA

Nov 132017

G6

First the power steering light keeps illuminating and the then service ESC is now on and it shut off. This is an obvious safety issue that wasn┐T fixed in the 2014 recall. Also the service ESC and brake lights sometime illuminate and then go off. Now it's just on all the time and has shut off my ESC. It is lit when driving and in park.

- New London, IA, USA

Sep 162017

G6

Purchased car used in 2013 car will not start sometimes car will loose power steering and jerk going down the road lose gas indicator and speedometer has happened several times in 4 years not the battery or the alternator possibly theft deterrent device seems to be a theme with this make and model however no recall by Pontiac probably because they are out of business and dont care

- Dearing, GA, USA

Jun 102017

G6

Repeatedly this car is worked on due to something electrical. The headlight wiring has shorted or burned before and after the recall (multiple occurrences). Now airbag sensors shorted out and wiring was burned. That was just replaced however mechanics can't figure out clicking noise in steering column that causes cruise control and air conditioning to turn off. This happens from time to time while driving on the highway. 2014 intermediate shaft recall does not cover my car. This car is a money pit and the recalls do not ever fix the issues. I have video of the clicking yet nobody can explain it or fix it. The clicking is new (last few weeks) yet electrical issues shorting out has been reoccurring for years.

- Seguin, TX, USA

Dec 012016

G6

Intermittent problem, city & rural driving, slow and fast speeds, while turning and while on straight, in motion and while parked, smooth roads and rough, raining and dry. However, problem occurred only a handful of times during the winter. Started over 6 months ago, approx 93,000 miles. While driving, 3 bell-dings, "power steering, " "disabled ESC, " and "service ESC" dash lights come on, along with icon of car w/swervy lines. Continue driving and steering seemed ok. Dash continues to cycle "power steering" and "service ESC" warnings. Issue repeats randomly. After a period of normal use, problem intensifies to dashboard gages, radio scv, and cruise to off ; auto shifting becomes rough. All gages then flutter up and down intermittently. Work done: Mechanic = 9 pages of codes. New battery/battery cables. Drove a while, recurred - no codes. Drove a little while longer, recurred; cleaned battery, checked fuses. Passed inspection. Drove a while; 5 pages of codes. Applied electric grease to BCM terminals. Drove 3 days; "power steering" and "service ESC" issue recurred. Have video; format not allowed

- Newfane, NY, USA