Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

Sep 022017

Grand Prix

This is for the gtp supercharged model. Replaced the fuel pump and now all of a sudden leaking out of shrader valve above the injectors which is was not doing before. Online says there was a delphi fuel pressure regulator recall but after entering my VIN says no recalls. Although I also took it in last year due to the recall concerning oil dripping on the manifold and causing possible fire so unsure why it said no recalls.. I will attach photo of website claims. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

- Cedar Hill, MO, USA

May 282017

Grand Prix

Takata recall! as I was driving on the freeway my car shut off and the wheel locked up! my dad got everything on my car replace but it still does the same thing!

- Glenn Heights, TX, USA

Mar 182017

Grand Prix

We where driving down highway 212 between marengo, ia to belle plain, ia and the car just shut down on us. Almost got us in an accident with three other vehicles if it was not for there fast thinking and my fasting pulling in to a corn field we did not get hurt. The fuel pump was just replaced and after looking at the fuels. Fuel #32 is blow and everytime we replace it. It blows again. I looked online and there is alot of people who has the some people. Please help with this problem. Trying to get the car out and back home we almost got hit by a fire truck cause of we could not get out of there way fast enough. Please help.

- Marengo, IA, USA

Jan 112017

Grand Prix

The contact owned a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. After the contact exited the vehicle, a passerby alerted him that a fire had erupted under the hood of the vehicle. The fire department extinguished the flames. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to the contact's residence. A police report was not filed. The contact was neither aware nor notified of NHTSA campaign numbers: 07E021000 (fuel system, other), 08V118000 (engine and engine cooling), and 09V116000 (engine and engine cooling). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were not available.

- Dayton, ME, USA

Feb 152016

Grand Prix

The contact owns a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. The contact stated that the check engine light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel regulator failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V701000 (engine and engine cooling). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 120,000.

- Galva, IL, USA