3.6

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ram 2500:

Aug 282019

2500

Intermittent mil for ABS and electronic braking system, became more frequent over 1-2 weeks while waiting for appointment at dealership (out of town). Day of the appointment, mil came on and stayed on. Dealer read codes and stated 'internal codes found, replace pump and module' then informed me parts were on 'national backorder' vehicle has 46,500 miles at time of failure.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Jun 262019

2500

June 26th 2019 my truck felt like it shifted into 4WD on its own, later that day I lost ABS, traction control and cruise control. It went to the dealership where it took 3 days to diagnose. Was informed that ABS pump and ABS control module need to be replaced and the part is not currently available. Further research of internet forums shows this is a known problem and does not appear to be addressed properly. I am still waiting for my truck to be repaired and there is a warranty on it. Dealership allowed me to pickup the truck without the repair and did not provide receipts or work orders because I did not have any other transportation. In heavy rain the truck has become quite dangerous to drive.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Oct 152018

2500

My ABS traction control light came on intermittently prior to 36,000 miles. Took to dealer and they could not find problem. With 42,600 miles lights have come on and set a code. Ram has said they will not fix the problem. A computer has failed. This is a safety issue and should be corrected by Ram. I don't know if this is a continuing problem in these trucks or if faulty parts were placed on mine. I want this issue duly noted. The failed parts are the ABS module and the hydraulic control unit. Ram has told me that this is my problem when it is in fact their problem which they will not take care of.

- Meansville, GA, USA