Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ram 3500:

Jun 172018

3500

I was hauling a 15,000 lb fifth wheel with the cruise control set at about 45mph coming up to the light on hwy. 35 and hwy. 20 intersection northbound in Indiana. I tapped my foot on the break to shut my cruise control off like I normally do and put my foot on the throttle to control the acceleration to the light. I realize I wasn't slowing down properly and put my foot on the brake and stood both feet on the break to try to stop to avoid hitting the car in front of me. I ended up hitting the car in front of me even with the truck and trailer brakes applied. The airbags did not go off in either vehicle. Everything went so quickly, didn't know why the truck didn't want to slow down. I have had no problem with the truck or my 2018 truck. I believe the cruise control not shutting off was the cause of the accident. I would like you to come and investigate it to see if that was the issue of the accident. I can't think of anything else that would have caused it.

- Great Falls, MT, USA

Mar 012018

3500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2017 Ram 3500. While driving unknown speeds, the driver's seat moved without warning when the accelerator pedal was applied. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer (blue bonnet Chrysler Dodge, 547 S seguin ave, new braunfels, tx 78130) where it was diagnosed that the vehicle was working as designed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and did not assist. The failure mileage was 17,125.

- Spring Branch, TX, USA