Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Aura:

Jan 042019

Aura

I bought this car in 2016 and have spent more than $2000 making repairs unaware that that these repairs could have been covered by the recall. I have paid for repairs:. in the affected vehicles, increased resistance in the body control module (BCM) connection may result in voltage fluctuations in the brake apply sensor (bas) circuit. These fluctuations can cause one or more of these conditions: The brake lights to illuminate without the brake pedal being pushed; the brake lights to not illuminate when the pedal is pushed; difficulty disengaging the cruise control; moving the gear shifter out of the 'park' position without pushing the brake; and disablement of crash avoidance features such as traction control, electronic stability control, and panic braking assist features. Any of the above failure conditions increases the risk of a crash. The transmission shift cable may fracture. If the transmission shift cable fractures while the vehicle is being driven, when the driver goes to stop and park the vehicle, the driver will not be able to shift the lever to the "park" position, or remove the ignition key. If the vehicle is not in the "park" position there is a risk the vehicle will roll away as the driver and other occupants exit

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Jun 152018

Aura

Upon taken off my traction stabilizer control light comes on my car will then stutter upon accelerating my car will smooth out

- Electra, TX, USA

May 052017

Aura

Takata recalls. The service ESC and traction off indicator light keep coming on. Several months ago, as I was driving home the dash board lights went off and came back on. Even the speed odometer acted up. Several months ago, the car would not reverse, it made a sound when I did backed back. Now, every time I put gas in my car, I have to keep pumping the gas peddle as I'm turning the key to start it up. The right front and side signal lights don't don't don't work

- Newellton, LA, USA

Apr 222017

Aura

I took my 2007 Saturn Aura xr 3.6L to Firestone to have a diagnostic test. Firestone alerted me that I needed a timing chain. I search the internet and found GM warranty 11340 covered other GM vehicles with the same 3.6L motor and repaired the timing chain at no cost! why is the Saturn Aura not on the list we have the same motor.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Feb 012017

Aura

Brake lights illuminate when brake pedal not being pushed. Brake lights turn off when pedal is pushed. Electronic stability control fails when brake applied. Difficulty shifting out of park unless brake pedal applied.

- Hollister, CA, USA

Jan 162017

Aura

The messaging display was indicating "traction control" and "engine power reduced" when I was driving and the car started slowing down. I pulled over and waited for a few minutes and started it up again. It drove for a while and then the display came back on. I had it checked but nothing was found. This happened a few times and it seems the problem was getting worse as the car started shaking and making loud noises. I took it back and was told this is a growing problem with this vehicle. I called the dealer and was told that there was a recall on similar vehicle with the same problem but was told my car was not covered, and they did not say why. The local repair shop tells me it is expensive to repair and cannot give more than a 30 days warranty on the repair. This is very frustrated especially since I have done everything as a responsible owner to upkeep this vehicle as recommended. The manufacturer needs to be responsible and do the right thing with integrity.

- Alex, VA, USA

Nov 012016

Aura

Approximately 30 days ago, I started experiencing issues where the car will not shift from park gear to drive gear. This issue has occurred approximately 10 times during this window. Sometimes when this issue occurs the ESC light is on while other times the light is off. The only way to "trick" the car from shifting to park to drive is to turn the car off, press on the brake pedal or emergency brake to ensure car is still in park and gently push and hold the gear shift button then crank the car back on.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Jun 302016

Aura 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. While driving approximately 45 mph and turning into a parking lot, the contact was informed by another motorist that the brake lights were illuminated for approximately three miles. However, when the vehicle was stopped and the brake pedal was depressed, the brake lights were not illuminated. The contact drove the vehicle to the dealer and they could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was repaired per an unknown recall for the same failure in September of 2014. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was invalid. The approximate failure mileage was 77,054. Updated 08/30/16 the consumer went to another dealer, where the problem was fixed. Updated 10/26/16.

- Hartland, MI, USA

May 142016

Aura

Takata recall the ECM light was on the brake lights stay on when car is on and when applying the brakes the brake lights go out. It his difficult to move the shifter from park to another gear. I have this car for 2 years and every time I check there is no recall on my car. The air bag light on passenger side comes and goes all the time.

- Spout Spring, VA, USA

Jan 022014

Aura

Hard steering sometime very diffuclt to make turns without force. Taken car to dealership traction control light on continuously, seat belt light on passenger side lights up and stays on. While car is moving.. dealer has no salution for problem.

- West Hills, CA, USA

Oct 122015

Aura

For the past year when I turn on my vehicle & start driving the service airbag lights up & starts dinging. In October 2015 I was involved in a collision on interstate 60 & my airbags never deployed when impact accrued going approximately 55ml an hr & my front bumper had to be replaced & drivers side wheel locked up making car not driveable impact was on passenger front & side of car & my airbags never deployed & light continues to read service airbag I went to Chevrolet 1yr ago & told them they said my car had a recall only for the brake lights & that's all that fixed. The oil engine light comes on once & awhile even when my oil has been changed but not as of her as the service airbag light yet my car shows its not included in the airbag recall so I don't understand what's going on & no one els has answers either except to take it to dealership but when I did nothing was done it even looked at when comes to my airbag & again airbags never deployed when I was involved in a collision on interstate 60 in Oct 2015. Also my drivers side seat when ajusting the seat continues to go out & takes a day or two on continually playing with ajusters on side of seat to get it to work to push seat back or forward if I allow one of my kids to use car to run to store.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Dec 222015

Aura

This car has been a bust since the warranty expired. The transmission went out a year ago and was of course a recall for many other Auras except our specific one. Had that replaced, now its the timing chain, which is also a common complaint of the Aura yet there is no recall. The car misfires, shakes violently when in idle and when driving. It has a very hard shift. Its very hard to accelerate and the rpms shoot up. It also stalls and it sometimes just shuts off. Every light in the vehicle is on, check engine, stabilty, etc. It another expensive repair thats worth more than half the car.

- North Canton, OH, USA

Sep 042015

Aura

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver and the vehicle veered to the left independently as the service stability traction control warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14E044000 (steering). The failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was not available.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 212015

Aura

The car constantly jerks and shakes... it wont go past past 40 mph without...the vehicle shaking. The vehicle cant get enough power..burns gas like crazy. The GM dealership wont do anything about it....

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Sep 012014

Aura 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that the exterior brake lights illuminated when the brake pedal was not depressed and the exterior brake lights failed to illuminate when the brake pedal was depressed. The contact stated that the electronic stability and traction control were disabled and the cruise control disengaged intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the body control module failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,700...updated 10/19/15

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

Feb 062015

Aura

I own a 2007 Saturn Aura xr I bought in 2008. It has 69,600 miles and the service engine light is illuminated. I was told I needed a timing chain replacement for $2400 because it had stretched. I have since found out that GM has a special coverage adjustment #11340C on the 2007 Saturn outlook and numerous other vehicles, for the same issue. My engine code is LY7, same as the outlook and other vehicles. Additionally I've already had 1 recall on this vehicle for a brake light issue, just got a notice of a transmission issue, and I'm on my third set of complete brakes in just 69,600 miles and I need all new brakes again. Rotors are warped after10 to 15,000 miles! also the "service traction" light keeps illuminating periodically for no apparent reason. I'm getting no answers or help from GM or it's dealers.

- Merrimack, NH, USA

Mar 042015

Aura

As I am driving all of a sudden the car cuts and reduced engine power comes on and traction service and then it won't go above 25 mph but starts at 5 mph and slowly goes up and shakes I have gone to GM dealer and other auto shops and they can't find the problem it's dangerous because it could lead to a re ending with my daughter in back and cause a crash. I have seen more people with this problem and they need to figure it out because someone could get hurt.

- Lino Lakes , MN, USA

Jan 012015

Aura 6-cyl

Driving at 60mph..suddenly service traction control, engine powered down and check engine light came on I pulled car over.shut it off, all codes but all codes but the engine light were cleared. Later on when I started it up again check engine light cleared. When this happened one week earlier, the mechanic cleaned the throttle body and put a new air filter in..$150.reading about others having the same problem, it must be a defect in the computer system..car is running fine..I recently spent $3000 replacing struts, bushings, brakes, alignment, oil change sway bar links, etc etc.

- Brockton, MA, USA

Sep 222014

Aura

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wewahitchka, FL, USA

Apr 252014

Aura 6-cyl

I've had my 2007 Aura since March 2013, never had issues until a year later in April 2014. I noticed when I got out of my car that my back break lights were still on, when I got in to start it up, I put the car into drive out of park and it jumped-no lurched forward so hard it felt as if I had been hit from the back. I had to slam my foot on the break to keep from running into the car parked in front of me! than comes July 2014 I receive a notice that my Aura is part of a recall #13036 which relates to the (BCM)-body control module, the (bas)-break apply sensor and the (ecs)-electronic stability control. All in which affects the issues I'm having at this very moment. Now as of a week ago (Aug 2014) my check engine light is on and my auto start is no longer working! I've called Saturn about me not feeling safe in my vehicle and what is the status on the parts coming in and all I'm told is that there is no set time when that will be. On top of that I'm told I may have to pay out of pocket for a diagnostic test and or repairs to my car to find out what is going on! I am a very dissatisfied customer. I just want my car fixed asap!!!! these are serious and can be dangerous issues!! this is my only vehicle and I must take myself and my child back and forth each and everyday.

- Bedford Heights, OH, USA